PDA

View Full Version : ebay- this is awful :(

sarattie
28-12-2005, 04:37 PM
http://wantitnow.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?WantItNowView&adid=7731572995

luvabun
28-12-2005, 04:43 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: "rabbits grow teeth for fun" :evil: :evil: wonder how much hay these poor bunnies eat :cry:

touie
28-12-2005, 04:46 PM
:shock: think she needs someone to pin her down and give her a filling to save on the dentist bills without knowing what they're doing!!! :twisted:

Tamsin
28-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Sent um a message :)

luvabun
28-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Sent um a message :) good girl Tams :thumb:

sarattie
28-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I sent a message too. :evil: :evil: poor bunnies.

I suggested asking to set up a DD with their vet to ease vet costs, or discuss difficulties paying with the vets.

I also pointed out that the vet should be burring the teeth, not clipping them....

some people :roll:

LurcherGirl
28-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I too have sent a message... I also pointed out that extracting the front teeth (if that's the ones that are growing) might be an option and less stressful and expensive for all parties concerned in the long run! Bunnies manage perfectly well without them.

touie
28-12-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm glad you're all so diplomatic :D I too sent a message but it was a little bit rude :oops:

AlisonA
28-12-2005, 05:09 PM
OK perhaps we'd better stop sending messages now until we see what the responses are! She might switch off and stop listening to advice if too much of it appears in one go.

Jack's-Jane
28-12-2005, 05:25 PM
SIRRY IRRIOT....... :roll: :roll: There's one born every minute :roll: :roll: Maybe I should offer her some of my hooman DIY dentistry skills...Think 'string tied to tooth then other end of string tied to door handle'. Stand well back and SLAM door closed :twisted: :twisted: Instant extraction and I'd only charge her for the string :wink: :wink: Jane and Buns xx

AlisonA
28-12-2005, 05:27 PM
The trouble is, Jane, some people really are stoopid enough to think "ooh I hadn't thought of that, I'll give it a go"... :roll:

Amethyst
28-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I sent a message asking them to talk to their vet to make sure they know what they're doing. It sounded to me like they'd already made up their mind about doing it themselves, so I figured they should get the best possible attention first.

AMETHYST

inka dinka doo
28-12-2005, 06:07 PM
that is disgusting i had jacks teeth done today and his nails by my vet total was £16.32 what is that? a few drinks down the pub thats no money to make sure the bunny can eat! and isnt in any discomfort the horror of anyone doing it themselves makes me sick!

smokiemistyozzy
28-12-2005, 06:09 PM
What the hell!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Charliesangel
28-12-2005, 06:34 PM
:cry: :cry:
When is is ever going to end? :cry:

xxx

bluebunny
28-12-2005, 07:10 PM
OMG have you seen the replies someone uses there dogs nail clippers to cut there rabbits teeth :(

toffeepudding
29-12-2005, 12:35 AM
It sounded like its something that shes had to do heaps before. I have an idea for her of an interesting tool...ITS CALLED HAY AND WOOD! I understand that some rabbits do have teeth problems but from what she said it sounded like she just couldn't cope with the natural growing!

pixie
02-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Its sick!!
I cant understand why people try to do D.I.Y on any pet because they are to bloody tight to go to the vet maybe we should give their teeth a clip with them and see how they like it??

Tamsin
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
If they've seen their vet do the teeth with a pair of clippers and then they get charged £10 each time for the privilage. I can see why the owner might think getting a pair of clippers themselves would be a good idea. Unfortunately, some vets do still use clippers and owners trust vets so they don't think to question it.

I'm not saying this is the case but it's certainly a possibility so don't be too harsh on the owner :)

bluelop
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes I used to work at the vets about 18 years ago and they used dog nail clippers then to cut rabbits teeth. I shudder when I remember how they used to splinter and break when he did them. Fortunately now when I take my mini lop they burr them neatly and without much stress. How awful to think of doing them yourself with dog clippers. Poor rabbit!!Pam

Caz
03-01-2006, 09:15 AM
My MIL used to clip her rabbits teeth herself with dog nail clippers, back in the day that was all the vet did and as they charged a lot my MIL got them to show her how to do it as doing it herself stressed the bunny out a lot less than a vet trip.

However thanks to modern medicine we now have burring, which is much nicer and safer for the rabbit and definately not something you can do at home - god forbid anyone gets out their B&Q Dremel without the proper training!

Unfortunately not all vets live in the 21st centuary and still give out dodgy advice and not all owners keep current either. My MIL was always advising me with her rabbit knowledge gathered back when she used to keep them and some of the stuff she came out with was way out of date. If she had got herself a new rabbit she wouldn't have bothered looking up what was new but just gone by her previously gained knowledge and would probably have still thought cutting teeth was acceptable so you can't be too harsh on people.

Caz

ladystardust
07-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm stunned ... I'd expect something like that in a primitive age :roll: