• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building Rabbit fedding toy with kitchen skewer...???

I was just wondering if this was alright. I saw a rabbit toy in a pet shop that had a metal skewer that u put these wodden treats on and u could poke vegetables on to it but it was alot of money so I was thinking i could make one myself. I was thinking of using a normal metal kitchen skewer that you use to check if meat is cooked. Is this alright? Of course I would make the pointy end covered up.

That should be fine. I bought an inexpensive toy for that purpose and it has worked out great. It is a good way to get buns to "work" for their treats. Make sure that the tip is covered well though!

Ok i give up trying to cover the pointy end and hang it up on the cage I am just going to have to look for one in a different pet shop coz the one it was in tried to charge my brother 12.95 for saw dust for his mice and it wasn't even a brand and the bag was only a kilo.

Back