• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor buns out in the snow?is this ok?

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:D What with the snow around this way, I wanted to let my buns explore the white stuff!! thing id, they're indoor buns, is taking them outside in the cold likely to be bad for them? It wont be for v long obviously, I'm just concerned about the temperature change, or will they be ok???? :?

bunsxmas.jpg

I'd be inclined to open the door and let them decide. It'll make your house colder but I would be reluctant to take the choice away from them, if they only have indoor furry coats they could get very cold and if they didn't let themselves out, they won't know how or where to let themselves back in, if you see what I mean!

:D I came up with a solution, I brought the snow in to them!!!! lol, see the stories and pics forum in a few mins for more!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunsxmas.jpg

the temperature change from indoor to outdoor can hurt their immune sys. That's how my last rabbit got sick. He went outside, penis touch the ground, the ground must have bacteria somehow in the winter, and he got sick for 3 mth.

Since then, once winter came, I lock the door and the rabbit stays in door.

Back