• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some pigs

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
everyone likes piggies don't they 8) 8) :wink:

first some of the not so little anymore lads with their big fellas:

Hans(large tricolour) and Julius(baby rex - came from Cheryl, with his Mum Darling, who is happily living with Finn, Dawn and Ella)

hansandjulius.jpg

hansandjulius2.jpg

They weren't too cooperative about having their pics taken - hence the bucket, then my son came to help, but they didn't seem too happy about that either :?

Henry(large harlequin) and Augustus(baby harly)
augustusandhenry.jpg

augustusandhenry2.jpg

And I can't resist sharing these closeups I found on my camera (my son must have taken them)
This is Wanda, who also came from Cheryl
wanda.jpg

and her fella Pumpkin
pumpkin.jpg

ryanh72 said:
i like that one of the one which looks like hes sniffing the others butt :lol:

That's Augustus, he is a right little character. He dashes about like a mad thing and yells for veg every time he sees me. He and Henry spent the day in the aviary today as it was so warm and he was up and down the ramp every couple of seconds :lol:
The funny thing is he was really pale when I got him, he looked mostly white, with just some cream highlighting, and now the cream turned brown and really stands out.

awwww thanks for posting the pics Louise, they are looking wonderful :D I see Julius is turning into a himmy rex like his brother (I still have one of his brothers left) :D

Cheryl

now I couldn't resist looking at a thread called 'some pigs' could I? :?

love em love em love em :D

Although my son was woken at 5am by the ones in our hallway - chewing like maniacs at their expensive indoor hutch :roll:

Good job I love em! :shock:

Any tips to stop them eating their hutches? I have tried rubbing soap along the wood, which works for a while....

sgprescue said:
awwww thanks for posting the pics Louise, they are looking wonderful :D I see Julius is turning into a himmy rex like his brother (I still have one of his brothers left) :D

Cheryl
I thought he was turning into a himi, but I hadn't entirely ruled out that his nose might just be dirty :lol:

I'll try to get pics of the others too. Darling is running around the shed at top speed - her group get the floor when the shed rabbits go out in the aviary as they are the youngest over all (cept the boys, but it wouldn't do to let them, smell the girlies :roll: ). I have tried to take pics, but she moves so fast despite still having quite a tum from the babies.

Gloria is thinner, but has recovered from both her surgery and her wheezing. There is no sign of the lump coming back :D She has calmed down and accepted Pumpkin too, so they are in a group of 4 with a young girlie called Tabitha, living in my living room.

The two short haired ladies - Trixie and Leila, are living in the kitchen with Mr Beans as his girlie friend Niamh is not very well, and he kept stepping on her :?

elve said:
now I couldn't resist looking at a thread called 'some pigs' could I? :?

love em love em love em :D

Although my son was woken at 5am by the ones in our hallway - chewing like maniacs at their expensive indoor hutch :roll:

Good job I love em! :shock:

Any tips to stop them eating their hutches? I have tried rubbing soap along the wood, which works for a while....

You could try giving them pieces of cardboard to chew instead. That is what I used to do with the gerbils, otherwise no one got any sleep :roll:

I haven't had guineas living in wooden hutches in the house, but it is very annoying when they rattle the cages :roll: Rainbow, who is on his own does that :?

thanks Louise - I gave them shoeboxes at first but wood is more chewily satisfying I think - unless it's a chew stick in which case it's not even worth a look :roll:

If I didn't have to keep the boy pairs away from the girls I would have no problem - they are my 4 fav piggies though so I don't want them in the shed - I'd miss their little piggy faces first thing in the morning (such innocent faces! They all blame each other for the racket :lol: )

Back