• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rodents eat charcoal drops? PLZ ANSWER THIS I'M DESPRATE

Softhart

Warren Scout
I know it is a wierd question. :lol: But some body has donated them and we don't know whether to give them to them?I thought they were black prunes before! :lol:
Does anybody know whether they can eat charcoal drops.

She doesn't know these question though. :eek: :lol: Is there a good book on what food and treats rodents should eat?

the bunny basics website - www.bunnybasics.net/catalog.php

has charcoal cobs for sale, suitable for all small animals and good fro the digestive system? dont know if this helps?

bunsxmas.jpg

i have a friend who gives her guineas charcoal drops once a week only a small amount and she says it helps i havent ever done it myself but i would think they would be ok in small amounts.

I thought they could be used to help cure stomach upsets/ suspected poisoning etc in small animals? (and people?) One of my friends used to give them to her dog to help digestion, I think its supposed to prevent gas/ farts! :D
I would assume its safe to give, its just wood after all...? It keeps for a long time, so you could always check with your vet next time you're there to be sure.

Yeah charcoal drops are good for tummy probs but only in small quantities and I would prob only give them if a bun expert/good bun vet advised them as bunnies tums are so bloody delicate and easy to disrupt!

thank you. I shall go and look on the website then.
A good tip is: if you need to know somthing and nobody is answering just change the subject to sound pleading! (guilty of doing this. :oops: sorry)

Back