• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cauliflower leaves

cauliflowers, brocolli, cabbage, sprouts, spring greens, kale - all from the same family but some are tastier than others :)

Mine love Cauliflower leaves :D :D , but I only give them a small portion.Consequently they Aint happy bunnies...!!! :roll: :wink: Jane and Buns xx

We get them free from the market, they chop them off and chuck them away otherwise :shock:

Tam

Tamsin said:
We get them free from the market, they chop them off and chuck them away otherwise :shock:

Tam

yep same, well morrisons for us
i also find it the safest the use even my babies are fine munching on it

Yes, in moderation is fine like the others have stated. :D

If any of you have any local organic farmers that grows cauliflowers, pop down now as they have LOADS of leaves, longer that most bunnies just about to be left to rot in the field or thrown out!! They may also have broccoli leaves etc.

My local farmer lets us go into the field and pick them off the ground for FREE! Earlier in the year I get free carrot tops as well. :wink:

Oh and don't do as I did....the baby cauliflowers are very small with lots of leaves, so don't misktake it for just a big bunch of leaves and pull it out! :roll: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Once you get them home, put them in a bucket of water as they wilt pretty quick.

Mine love them :D I have a client who I see every Thurs and she saves her cauli trimmings for me - my lot know when its Thurs I swear :lol:

Back