• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

suggestions for outdoor rabbit toys - tunnels etc.

vanessa

Warren Scout
Does anyone have any ideas for making an outside run more interesting for a bunny, what sort of things could you put in it for them to play with bearing in mind them getting wet when it rains. Is there anywhere that you can buy plastic outdoor tunnels for bunnies or any suggestions what to use?

I have a hooded cat loo, various plastic balls, a treatball, a bunny kabob (hanging stick you thread veg on) and hanging toy that I stuff with hay, they also get willow toys now and then and wooden ones.

Tam

I also use cardboard boxes of different shapes and sizes with holes cut in them and various exciting items like an upturned garden chair and a dustpan. 2 of my bunnies have a corrugated plastic top to part of their run, and the others have a piece of clear plastic (builders rubble so it's v.strong but see through) which is attached to their run and I pull it over on rainy days, so neither they nor the toys get wet!

my rabbits seem to love a little plastic stool and a couple of plastic patio chairs - I also have an old gate leant against the house wall which they like running through - they also get the nearly empty hay boxes to play in every fortnight - how long they last depends on the weather :)

if your local supermarket throws its boxes away grab them and if they get wet recycle them my other half made an adventure playground we got a huge box and filled it with shedded paper and toilet roll tubes (like a ball pool) and got some plastic piping like giant drain pipe stuff and cut holes in the other boxes and made a 3 level playground ive never seen the buns so excited it must of cost us no more than £5 and that was for the pipe rest was free

My girls just love their persil balls and plastic plant pots.I know when they are cross with me though as they throw them (quite violently!) at the shed door! Usually when I let them out a little bit later than usual.I don't get a lie in anymore! :lol:

Back