• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggie help please

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
Am cooking up a big pot of vegetable soup this afternoon, which means there's a bunch of veggies in the house that the buns have never tried.

Please can you let me know if the following are safe....

Leeks
Swede
Red Pepper?

Thanks,
Roo.

Thanks, I'll leave the leek to be on the safe side.

As well as the new treats they are getting some cauli leaves and fresh herbs, bet they'll wish I cooked decent stuff more often! :lol:

Lucky Buns :D :D ......me being a totally neurotic bunny mum I'd say just give them one small portion of just one type of new veggie just incase it upsets their tums!! Must get something done about my neurosis....... :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Bunsxx

JCO said:
Lucky Buns :D :D ......me being a totally neurotic bunny mum I'd say just give them one small portion of just one type of new veggie just incase it upsets their tums!! Must get something done about my neurosis....... :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Bunsxx

LMAO thats what i was going to say!! :oops: I'm a bit nervous with trying sophie with new things! She proved that she is usually ok with things when she ate the whole of my lemon balm plant in one go!!!!! :roll:

How much would you class a small portion to be for a 14wk old french lop? I am introducing him to veg, so far he loves sprouts & carrots, I give him about an inch segment at a time, it this OK, or too much?

dogmaddebbie said:
How much would you class a small portion to be for a 14wk old french lop? I am introducing him to veg, so far he loves sprouts & carrots, I give him about an inch segment at a time, it this OK, or too much?

Personally, I would say that is fine! Then I dont give sophie anymore for couple of days to make sure Sophie is ok with it! :wink:

Thankfully quinns tum doesnt seem to get upset easily regardless of what he eats but i think thats just something that happens to the animals in our house - the dog loves curry and anything spicy, in fact the day we got him as a 10wk old puppy he stole some pizza out of the bin - spicy beef pizza with peppers! - he also ate an entire pack of mince pies that he stole the other day, his latest favourites are erm rabbit food, hay and veggies because Quinn has them :oops:

Quinn said:
Thankfully quinns tum doesnt seem to get upset easily regardless of what he eats but i think thats just something that happens to the animals in our house - the dog loves curry and anything spicy, in fact the day we got him as a 10wk old puppy he stole some pizza out of the bin - spicy beef pizza with peppers! - he also ate an entire pack of mince pies that he stole the other day, his latest favourites are erm rabbit food, hay and veggies because Quinn has them :oops:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Jane and Bunsxx

Back