• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

2nd nasal swab result...

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Alfie's second nasal swab result has again come back negative of pasturella and is Aeromonas.

I have spoken to 3 rescues now all of which have hardly and femails and mainly boys so if anyone has a small-medium femail that needs a home give me a shout!!

Bonnie x

Did you ever get through to Bobtails Bonnie..?? Jane and Bunsxx

Hi jane,

Yes i did, she called me a little while ago they only have a few femail buns in that i am going to look at between christmas and New year, I also spoke to the rescue that only have one girl in!

I thought there would be loads of bunny's looking for homes!!

Thanks Desdi - i cannot wait to see Alfie with another bun!

I am sure the situation will change before too long, often rescues go very quiet before the storm, we have space on the rabbit side at the moment, but I am getting inundated with piggies, hence me turning over any spare hutches to house piggies in. There are often times like this, and then the phone doesn't stop ringing asking rescues to take in rabbits. Don't rush it, there will be something around the corner which is perfect for you annd Alfie.

Janice

Thanks janice,

i have just recently spoken to someone at your rescue and i said that i would call back in the New Year as i was sure lots would come in over Christmas!

Back