• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing

definitely keep an eye on her, our bun started sneezing a couple of days ago so we took her to the vets and she's on antibiotics now.

She's just been sneezing again. I haven't noticed her do it between now and when I last posted 4 days ago though.
Do you think it might be the megazorb I use in the litter trays?

It could be sensitivity to dust or something.
If she is fine in every other way, and there is no discharge from her nose or eyes, she is probably okay, although if you're worried, it's best to get checked out by the vet :) Give ya some peace of mind, and you can eliminate sickness to being the cause of her sneezing

She's absolutely fine otherwise.
I think I'll continue keeping an eye on her for now. I wondered about the megazorb as I'd not long refilled the litter tray and wondered if there was more dust around because it hadn't had time to settle yet.
I think it was a similar timing last time too.

I own one rabbit at a time in the past 6.5 yr., and each one of them does that on rare occasion. My first theory is the dust in the hot and cool air duct and hasn't been clean for a long time.

I am supposed to clean them once every 3 year. In the end, I clean them and there is no difference. But having said that, the first few cleaning was done w/ air spray method and I now know definitely it wasn't very effective method of cleaning.

The last cleaning was done w/ the Brush method w/ brush sweep thru each duct and I can tell the air is much fresher afterwards. The cost is only slight more. Since the brush method was used in my house, my current rabbit only sneeze once for less than 10 second or so a while back, and hasn't done it since.

But w/ the air spray method, myself, has sneeze from time to time although my rabbit only does it on rare occasion, so to me, it's the dust.

What's the last time you clean furance co. to clean the duct and are they using brush to clean the air ducts or just spray?

one of mine was doing lots of sneezing behind the sofa a few days ago but not noticed any problems since! ? :?

THe truth is, when I first move here, I have no algeric reaction. But after living here for many years, I sneeze under the sun in July/Aug. time frame ea. yr.. I know it is an algeric reaction to something, but to this date, no idea what causes it. With indoor, I can blame the furance, w/ outdoor, no clue.

So if your bunny is eating healthy and drinking a normal amt. of water, I wn't worry about the sneezing. Just keep track of his diet for the next week, if there is no change, then no big deal.

Back