• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Wonderful Scoot has taken a holiday at the Bridge

Jaypot

Mama Doe
At just before 11am this morning our beloved Scoot passed away peacefully in John's arms at the vets :cry: :cry: :cry: He had really left us last night and all that was working was the "engine" - but as Scoot was such a fighter he waited until Auntie Sally the vet gave him a tiny bit of help - and it was a tiny bit too.
Scoot would not want us to be sad or to cry for him - he only ever knew happiness, laughter, cheekyness and love for all the time he was here. He defied nature - he defied birth and went on to live for 2 years and 10 months.
John and I are truly devastated but not for Scoot - we are devastated for us, for all Scoot's Aunties and Uncles, his little 2foots, his cousins and his brothers and sisters - oh, and of course his fans. I don't think words can actually describe how we feel but we are not sad for Scoot - for the first time since his heart started to beat in his mummy's womb, he is whole. He has a perfect body now, he has no missing legs, he's able to stand up, hop, walk and most of all to binky. In all his life, other than being able to shuffle for a few months of his life, he can actually stand up and run and play - he can breathe properly, he can see properly, he must be so very happy.
John and I would have loved to have been able to see him do his first binky - the joy on Scoot's face must have been incredible - we bet he raced around and around and didn't stop for hours. That feeling of freedom and stamina must have been wonderful and we know that Scoot so deserved that joy.
We have cried so much today - because we are going to miss our cheeky monkey - but if Scoot was to hop in now he would not know that we where his mum and dad - his mum and dad always showed happiness, joy and laughter around him - and that is what we are going to keep on doing for all the other Scoots and all his brothers and sisters.
Yes, we want him here more than anything but only because we are being selfish - yes, we will always miss him but to Scoot, where he is now, time has no meaning and in the blink of an eye we will be with him again, this time never to be parted.
Scoot's mission in life was to make people laugh, smile, chuckle, make freinds and to be happy - and he did that a million times over.
We will still be the same about him and will still share his stories with everyone - it's what he would have wanted.
We don't need to see his earthly form to be able to stroke him, we can do that a million times over with memories. We don't need his earthly form to hold him, our memories do that for us. We don't need his earthly form to feel him - we can feel him in our hearts always.
Please celebrate Scoot's life and the fact that he made so many people happy - please carry on the work that Scoot had started, making joy and friendship and of course, rabbit awareness.
Scoot survived for so long because he has such a strong spirit - a spirit that will be around forever and will always be popping in to check on us all.
Please don't be sad for Scoot - just love and remember him as the cheeky monkey that he was and always will be.

A Message From Scoot:

This is to my very best friends and to the people I love very much and care for with all my heart :D I do not want you to be sad over me going to the bridge, as I have had a great life and loved every minute of it :D

From the day I was born I have over-come many things in my life and have never been sad or neglected in any way, my mum and dad have looked after me and have given me everything I have ever wanted in life and they have given me the love to keep me going. Many people wonder how I have kept going with so many disabilities and this is down to my mum and dad again and my friends, you have all been there for me when things were not going too well and we have had many laughs and giggles along our journey together and these things I would like you to remember about me. I was born to put smiles on people's faces and to laugh and enjoy company of the many people I have met over the years and this I would like to thank you for everything and just remember I will never be far away from you all, I will come back and talk with you all again, as I have more to do yet but instead of having a disabled body I will be whole for the first time and I intend to use it to the full :D

There are many things I would like to tell you about I feel for you, but I think you already know that I have always cared and loved each and everyone of my dear friends and this I will continue to do always and forever :D

Please do not be sad for me, as I am now whole and my legs work properly and I can binky and run about this is what I want you all to think of me now, not a disabled bunny anymore, but a bunny that can more and run at will :D

If I can ask one favour from you all, could you please look after my mum and dad, as it will take them time to adjust to me not being in front of their eyes, but like I said I will be with them and you my friends :D

I love you all– I always will – forever and ever – I am with you always and I love you all to the moon and back xxxxxxxxx

Love and snuggles for now

Scoot (aka Dootie)

xxxxxxxxx

scoot3.jpg

Scootrelaxing.jpg

I will never stop loving you, my precious little man and I was singing just now thinking of you binkying at the Bridge!!! :D Whisper in your Dad's ear when you are sitting on his shoulder, please, that Auntie Lizzie is so grateful to him for making her see the real picture!!!! :wink: Go my son, go!!!! Binky and binky and binky to your heart's content and watch out for those does!!! :lol: Now you really are my sweet angel! And I am so proud to have met you and cuddled you, say hello to Hattie and Chas for me my old Chops!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww, the poor poppit. He was such a brave boy.
He's possibly going to be the most missed bunny to have ever lived.
RIP to a true super star.

oh darling wee man I am so sorry that you have had to leave us all - you brightened up our lives so much and all our hearts will be so heavy now that you have gone.

I know that you loved your life and your mum and dad so much and nothing will ease their pain - but we promise you honey that we will all be there for them anytime they need us.

Scoot darling you were such a special and brave boy and you were put on this earth to teach us so many things - how to be positive, how to laugh in the face of adversity and above all how to keep going no matter what life throws at us. Above all you taught us all that life does not get any better than being with those we love and snugling up together watching DVD's.

I know you do not want us to be sad but I am afraid that us humans are very soft hearted and we will all be so sad - but although there are tears pouring down my face and bit sore bit in my heart I am happy that you are free from pain and I know that you were tired and that it was your time to pass to the Bridge.

Darling wee snuggle chops I hope you run free and are having a wonderful time - I know you will keep an eye on your precious mum and dad and your pals at the Mob. Take our love with you to the Bridge and know that we all adored you and will miss you ever so much.

Night night darling and enjoy yourself.

Lots of love and kisses from Pam, Mash, twinks, Aggie, Bluebelle, Meg, gabby and Colette xxxxxx

bye scoot you were one very special bunny and you'll be missed but i'm sure never forgotten by so many people. binky to your hearts content at the bridge and say hi to all my bridge bunnies (don't get the girls to excited tho)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Jay and John.

I can't believe that he's gone.Sorry also that I can't think of anything to say that will ease your pain.

Take care and snuggles to the rest of the hairy nob.

Binky free at the bridge little darling, you'll be sorely missed by so many, even those who never met you. A true star amongst buns.

Roo
xx

I just don't know what to say, I am so shocked to read this.

Rest in Peace Scoot, you were so brave and achieved so much to help all your friends.

You will be missed so much by everyone who loved you. Have fun hopping about at rainbow bridge with all the other angel bunnies.

Scoot your indomitable spirit will live on for eternity. I am crying, but it is for your Mum and Dad as I just KNOW that you are in a truely wonderful place where you are able to hop and binky and of course keep that 'cheeky monkey' character well honed!! I am so glad I got to know you thro' this Forum and on your Ebony Eyes website. I will NEVER forget you Scoot and will treasure the picture I have of you. You have touched so many lives and helped two-foots in more ways than you will ever know. I am not going to say 'good-bye' Scoot cos I know you are not far away and will be watching over all of us.We will do ALL we can to comfort your Mum and Dad. We'll see you again one day so 'til then TRY to behave yourself with all those Does at The Bridge. I love you VERY MUCH Scoot. Jane and Bunsxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scooty baby, we are all going to miss you terribly, it was such a shock to hear that you have left us. You are in a wonderful place now where you can binky free and chat up all the lady buns. Please say hello to my gang over the bridge and make sure you have lots of fun. Dont worry, we are all here to help look after your mum and dad in this difficult time.

Lots of love

Cheryl and the furries

:( so very sorry to hear this sad news jaypot we recieved your christmas card too this morning of you john and dear little scoot we will treasure it forever he was truely a special and unforgetable little chap an inspiration to all

scoot little man we will never ever forget you

lisa xxx

Scoot you will be so sadly missed by us 2foots. But no doubt you will find plenty of mischief to get up to over the bridge and with 4 strong spirit legs you will give all the other buns a run for their money. I am sure you will find memebers of the Hairy Mob who have passed over before you and what a reunion you will have.
You will never be forgotten and will be held in many hearts as well as in your mummy and daddy's.

Sending big hugs to your mummy and daddy.
Blinky free little Scoot.
Sorry Scoot, i read your message but i can`t help crying, you were such a special little fella.

Truly A Legend

Thanks for all the months of laughter you have given me Scoot I've evan got the girls at work to be fans of the famous Scoot.

I'll miss you so much :cry: :cry:

You were so brave

Maureen

A beautiful and brave little boy. Such a fighter, you did your mum and dad very proud indeed.
You will be missed loads :(

I've not known you long Scoot but i was amazed when i read your story - what a brave boy you were, Don't worry we will all look after your mum and dad for you.

Binky free Little man, Binky for hours and hours and hours

Goodnight Scoot

scoot

Forgive me scootybaby :( for i am crying & i know you nor your beloved mum & dad would want that :( you have been an inspiration to us all & to those who are also caring for disabled bunnies :( i wish you health & happiness in your "spirit " life & you shall NEVER EVER be forgotton :) I will cherish you & am sad that i never got to meet you in person but you made me laugh so much with your cheeky antics :lol: I send condolences to your berieved parents :( :cry: I know you will be watching over them & maybe when its quiet you will be able to pop back ti visit them :) god bless our little cheeky monkey :) rest in peace darling youSO deserve it :( nightie night :( :cry:

Back