• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At last.....

Nicola C

Mama Doe
....Mia and Mea have a new level in their dog cage. After a few days of being unsure, they are now enjoying a good view from the top floor. And I have my boyfriend's handy work to be proud of. Hurrah!!!
newlevel.jpg

uptop.jpg

Nicola x

aawww looks great!! I should get my boyfriend or dad to work to install one for my two i think. How do they get up there? do they just use the box as a step?

They have a ramp, although it is being slightly modified as we speak. I think he (o/h) wants to put a longer one in to make it a bit less steep, although they seem to have been jumping up and down from the top level as well, which was a bit worrying, but they seem to enjoy it :) Oh no, he's walking around carrying various tools now, it must be serious!!! :roll: :wink: :D
Nicola x

Wow! That looks great! They're sooo lovely too. Give them a snuggle from me.

Awwww look it's Santa and Santa :lol: :lol: They look very cosy in there, Nicola, your boyfriend does realise that there is a high chance of them becoming permanent house bunnies doesn't he :wink:

Excellent work, it looks fab. I thought the ramp looked steep too - my two only just cope with theres which is much more shallow. Lavender jumps on and off the shelf, she tumbled the first few times (which petrified me and almost made me take the shelf out) but now she's practiced she's got it sussed.

We're doing bunny shelf factory over christmas at my parents cos Dad is a carpenter and has a big work shop. My o/h Steve did a fab job on the first one but we've got a few ideas to make it better for the next one, and we're going to make Podlet & Cord one at the same time. :D We did think about making them and selling them.

Hey Bev,
What grips are you using on your ramps? We put slim pieces of wood along the other ramp, but now I'm wondering whether to nail some carpet to the new one or use some sort of stick on grips. Hmmmm....not sure what would be best. New ramp is a lot longer and so much less steep, but as yet has no grips on it. Advice apreciated.
Nicola x

We use non slip matting on Squidgy's ramp. From Poundland - works a treat!

You can just about see it on here.

DSCN0463.jpg

Nicola C said:
Hey Bev,
What grips are you using on your ramps? We put slim pieces of wood along the other ramp, but now I'm wondering whether to nail some carpet to the new one or use some sort of stick on grips. Hmmmm....not sure what would be best. New ramp is a lot longer and so much less steep, but as yet has no grips on it. Advice apreciated.
Nicola x

awwww Thats great!!!

My Piggies have a rubber car mat cut to fit their ramp :wink:

New updated ramp

Ok, so ramp has now been revamped, is waiting to be covered with non slip mat, but is much better now, not so steep and faces the other way. Bless o/h for being so patient, when after all his work I pointed out that the 1st ramp was too steep. I cooked him dinner and he modified it, result!!! Happy bunsters!!
newramp2.jpg

Nicola x

Back