• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring for the run?

dogmaddebbie

Young Bun
I am going to be putting a run on the side of my shed but it has really bad drainage there (it is solid concrete) and gather pools of water.

Can you give me any advice on how to get around this as I don't want the wood going rotten and of course don't want my buns feet getting soaked!

I didn't know if to put a layer of gravel down, how would the buns feet cope on this?

Cheers

Debbie

I was going to put that down but how do you clean the poo out :shock: :roll:

Mine have chipboard down at the mo until the summer when I can put concrete down :wink: The wood only cost £10 so even if I dont get the concrete down it's not that much to replace but it's fine no rot yet :p

I'm a big fan of paving... concrete never drains as well as paving. You could of course re-do the concrete - whack another layer on top but at a deliberate angle, draining away from the shed. You could do the same with paving stones and sand, actually. Though that might sink with time. Hmm.

Good Idea!

I will have a chat with boyfriend tonight as though I managed to do the DIY on the shed I think laying concrete/paving slabs may be a bit beyond me!

That would be good but I don't want mice or anything underneath the decking.

We already have mice living in the garage apparently, going to get one of those sonic things to keep them away.

Back