• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ROOSTER BOOSTER (racehorse)

rabshan

Mama Doe
I have just heard the sad news that Rooster booster the dashing grey racehorse has died :( on the training gallops at his home aged 11 years. I would like to thank him for the courage & bravery he showed on the racecourse :) rest in peace darling you derserve it :) this thread is not a debate about racing in general BUt a tribute to a very gallant horse :) please do NOt turn this into an argument :( thank you :)

Isn't that very young for a horse to pass? Poor Rooster Booster..I hope he did not suffer
teareye.gif

Run free!

I love watching race horses, they are so beautiful. Its an ambition of mine to get an ex-racehorse and retrain him for regular riding, I've ridden a few in the past and they are amazing creatures! Just have to find the money to keep one first!

Marlene said:
Isn't that very young for a horse to pass? Poor Rooster Booster..I hope he did not suffer
teareye.gif

It is kinda young. They can live up to 20+ years, but boy are those OLD horses! By that time, they're no longer really ride-able and very swaybacked...

greydaze said:
Marlene said:
teareye.gif

It is kinda young. They can live up to 20+ years, but boy are those OLD horses! By that time, they're no longer really ride-able and very swaybacked...

It is actually quite normal for horses to live to nearer 30 years, many 20 year old horses are still able to be ridden. Was watching the show jumping on Sunday, one of the horses was 18! And still competing at top class events.

read this yesterday so very sad he was a very couragous horse!!!! and i was glad to have actually met him twice at a show

he did not suffer it was instant he would not have known he wasnt racing he was at home just doing a little canter and then he slipped away - run free booster

lisa

anna said:
greydaze said:
Marlene said:
teareye.gif

It is actually quite normal for horses to live to nearer 30 years, many 20 year old horses are still able to be ridden. Was watching the show jumping on Sunday, one of the horses was 18! And still competing at top class events.

Never heard of a horse that lived 25+ years, but it's probably happened. I've been out of the horse loop for 8 years. Have owned a horse and was riding (western, bareback and english) from the time I was 7 until I was 15.

rooster booster

Hi greydaze :) horses can actually live to 40+ :) my sister.s friend had a horse :) a huge grey that lived to be aged 44 :) I saw him when he was 42 & although he looked a bit hollow round his eyes :( otherwise you wouldn,t have known that he was old :( like you I don,t ride much these days :( only when I can scrounge a freeby on a friend,s horse :)

greydaze said:
Marlene said:
teareye.gif

urrrm im not trying to turn this into an arguement at all, but i have 7 horses and they can live a bit longer than 20 years! i knew someone who had a horse turning either 40 or 50!lol but 20 is still quite old for a horse.

RIP Rooster Booster

Lizzy
xxxxxxxx

I used to ride a horse that was 25 mainly because they didnt know he was that old and a friend of my parents have just had their horse PTS at about 30 i think it was possibly a bit older actually

Back