• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A story I've written, five minute ficton lol

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I know stories don't mean actual storys but during my Insomnia moments over the weekend, I penned a short story. I love writing short stories and I‘d love to write and have a book published. I thought I’d put it on and share it with you. I’ve tried to correct most of my spelling mistakes, but you may find a few :lol:

Cheryl walked into the Zeus, the new trendy wine bar in town and squinted her eyes through the smoke. It seemed to early to be going for a drink, it wasn’t even lunch time yet, but Sophie had sounded in such a state on the phone, there was no way she could go through the day not knowing if she was ok.

The room was filled with city banker types obviously trying to impress their clients for the next big deal. Luckily Cheryl had a power lunch in the afternoon, at Mason and Sons where she worked as the Marketing manager, so was dressed to impress for the occasion. Just as she was trying to work out if the man at the table at the back was Jeremy from accounts, a waving menu caught her eye. It was Sophie she looked as if she hadn’t slept. As Cheryl embraced her friend she noticed that she had bags under her eyes and looked much older than her twenty five years.

“What’s the crisis then “ ? Cheryl asked Sophie trying to keep the concerned look off her face, just as the waiter took their order for two coffees.

Sophie was hesitant at first then blurted it out “I think Jamie has been having an affair, I bet it‘s with some beautiful slim young girl“, she managed to just get the words out before thick tears filled her eye’s and rolled down her blemish cheeks.

At first Cheryl was to shocked to speak , she slowly replied “there must be some mistake“. Sophie shock her head before burying her face in a napkin. “I’ve suspected for a while“. “It all started when we came back from honeymoon, things were just different really. He became distant started working late and he was always having to leave the room to take an important business calls“. Sophie turned her head as the waiter returned with their coffees, she couldn’t stand people crying in public and now here she was in the middle of a busy bar bawling her eyes out. Cheryl reached over and put her hand over hers and gave it a squeeze, Sophie looked into her friends eyes and it just made her feel worse Cheryl was such a dear friend she could always rely on her to be around when things weren’t going quiet right in her life. Cheryl stared deep into her eyes with the look of affection. “look Sophie” she said in a gentle voice, “Jamie adores you, I’ve heard word around the publicists at work that Jamie is due to be the next big thing at Barret and co, he’s just under an incredible amount of pressure at the minute. He does all this to earn enough money to keep you comfortable so you can stop at home with little Ben. He paid for you to join Gymhealth didn’t he? After you were upset about not shifting the baby weight“. Sophie nodded, “well said Cheryl cocking her head to one side so it showed off her tiffany ear ring, “do you think he’d honestly pay £70 a month for the elitist gym in town if he was having an affair and planning to leave you“. Sophie grunted and said, “yeah guilt money“.
“Oh come on“ said Cheryl shaking her head, “this is Jamie, not Jude law, he just isn’t the sort, you can tell. Plus news travels fast, if he were having an affair it would of worked it’s way back to Manson and Sons marketing department, before he could say can I have the bill please”

“Hmmm I suppose” whispered Sophie sniffing her nose. “Look” Cheryl said as she walked around the table to hug her friend, “if I hear of anything I ’ll be the first person on his case, you believe me. His genitals would be as good as useless after I’d finished with them“. She took her friend in her arms and held her while Sophie sunk her head into her shoulders lapping up the loving embrace. Cheryl pulled back and held her by the arms, before saying as tactfully as she knew how. “Please go to the doctors Soph, it’s only been just over two months since you gave birth to Ben, I think you could do with something to settle you nerves and stop you being so paranoid“. “Ok” Sophie smiled back, “yes I guess I have been a bit silly“. “Doctors then you promise” Cheryl managed to say in her best I mean business lady tone. Sophie nodded through a smile “promise“. “Right, I’m going to the bar to have a shot of whisky put in your coffee, it’s relaxing” before Sophie could protest, Cheryl had taken her cup to the bar. She watched her older friend laugh with the bar man, she was so lucky that Cheryl, Moms best friend had always looked out for her after mom died of cancer three years earlier, in fact Sophie thought, there is no way I could of made it this far with out her, she was the best mother substitute a girl could ask for.

“Right young lady drink this and I don’t want to hear any arguments then go home and try and catch up with your sleep, leave Ben with the nanny, ok, Jamie pays her so you can have a break and enjoy your free time, so take advantage of it“. “Ok“ giggled Sophie who was actually feeling quite happy now, she could not believe she was the same person that thought her life was over the very same morning.

Cheryl helped Sophie hail a cab “I will call first thing tomorrow, I wont get the chance later, as there’s a big marketing conference at the Plaza this afternoon. I have to attend and the chances are it wont finish until the early hours. Anybody who is anything in marketing will be there” Cheryl sighed “and I’m 52 next birthday I need to keep my hand in as all the new whipper snappers will overtake me“. “You’ll never be overtaken” Sophie commented before kissing and thanking her friend again.

Cheryl stood at the side of the road and watched the taxi disappear into the lunchtime traffic, she smiled to herself happily as she reached into her bag for her mobile, standing on the side of the road she shuck her head in slight amusement, “better ring Jamie after all he was practically family” the number connected and he picked up practically straight away, “hello baby” she purred , “I’ve just told your wife that there is a really important marketing conference this afternoon which will last all night, it’s suppose to be at the plaza hotel, so all you need to do now is ring and tell her not to wait up, she wont suspect a thing. We could get a room, I could do that thing you love and drive you wild“. Jamie was silent for a second, then growled “you’re a bad, bad woman Cheryl, just for that I’m going to have to punish you, but first I better ring that mouse of a wife of mine and tell her I’m working late.”

Well done :thumb: But I'd have to kick that mean ladies bottom :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can u write a nice fairytale one next time??!!! :lol: :lol:

bunnymadhouse said:
Thats very good. ive dabbled a bit in writing stories myself.
hidden talents ehh.

Angie

Put them on, I love reading stories. :lol:

loopylop said:
Well done :thumb: But I'd have to kick that mean ladies bottom :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can u write a nice fairytale one next time??!!! :lol: :lol:

Awwww mate I'll write one for you over Cimbo :D

of course they pay!! About £50 I think - but only send it to one mag at a time - I've had non-fiction published, but I'm too lazy to write now - I needs me sleep! :roll:

SOAD said:
Cheryl walked into the Zeus, a new trendy wine bar in town, and squinted her eyes through the smoke. It seemed too early to be going for a drink-it wasn’t even lunch time yet-but Sophie had sounded in such a state on the phone that there was no way she could go through the day not knowing if she was ok.

The room was filled with city banker types obviously trying to impress their clients for the next big deal. Luckily, Cheryl had a power lunch in the afternoon at Mason and Sons where she worked as the Marketing manager, so was dressed to impress for the occasion. Just as she was trying to work out if the man at the table at the back was Jeremy from accounts, a waving menu caught her eye. It was Sophie. She looked as if she hadn’t slept. As Cheryl embraced her friend, she noticed that she had bags under her eyes and looked much older than her twenty-five years.

“What’s the crisis then?“ Cheryl asked Sophie while trying to keep the concerned look off her face, just as the waiter wrote down their order for two coffees.

Sophie was hesitant at first, then blurted out, “I think Jamie has been having an affair. I bet it‘s with some beautiful slim young girl." She managed to just get the words out before thick tears filled her eyes and rolled down her blemished cheeks.

At first Cheryl was too shocked to speak, but then she slowly replied, “There must be some mistake.“

Sophie shook her head before burying her face in a napkin. “I’ve suspected for a while. It all started when we came back from honeymoon, things were just different really. He became distant, started working late and he was always having to leave the room to take important business calls.“

Sophie turned her head as the waiter returned with their coffees; she couldn’t stand people crying in public and now here she was in the middle of a busy bar bawling her eyes out. Cheryl reached over and put her hand over Sophie's and gave it a squeeze. Sophie looked into her friend's eyes and it just made her feel worse. Cheryl was such a dear friend. Sophie could always rely on her to be around when things weren’t going quiet right. Cheryl stared deep into her eyes with a look of affection. “Look Sophie,” she said in a gentle voice, “Jamie adores you. I’ve heard word around the publicists at work that Jamie is due to be the next big thing at Barret and Co. He’s just under an incredible amount of pressure at the minute. He does all this to earn enough money to keep you comfortable so you can stay at home with little Ben. He paid for you to join Gymhealth, didn’t he? After you were upset about not shifting the baby weight.“ Sophie nodded. “Well," said Cheryl cocking her head to one side so it showed off her tiffany ear ring, “do you think he’d honestly pay £70 a month for the elitest gym in town if he was having an affair and planning to leave you?“

Sophie grunted and said, “Yeah, guilt money.“

“Oh, come on,“ said Cheryl shaking her head. “This is Jamie, not Jude Law. He just isn’t the sort; you can tell. Plus, news travels fast. If he were having an affair, it would have worked its way back to Manson and Sons marketing department before he could say, 'Can I have the bill please?'”

“Hmmm, I suppose,” whispered Sophie sniffing her nose.

“Look,” Cheryl said as she walked around the table to hug her friend, “If I hear of anything I’ll be the first person on his case, you believe me. His genitals would be as good as useless after I’d finished with them.“

She took her friend in her arms and held her while Sophie sunk her head into her shoulders lapping up the loving embrace. Cheryl pulled back and held her by the arms, before saying as tactfully as she knew how, “Please go to the doctors Soph, it’s only been just over two months since you gave birth to Ben, I think you could do with something to settle you nerves and stop you being so paranoid.“

“Ok,” Sophie smiled back. “Yes, I guess I have been a bit silly.“

“Doctors then, you promise,” Cheryl managed to say in her best I-mean-business-lady tone.

Sophie nodded through a smile. “Promise.“

“Right, I’m going to the bar to have a shot of whisky put in your coffee; it’s relaxing.” Before Sophie could protest, Cheryl had taken her cup to the bar. She watched her older friend laugh with the bar man. She was so lucky that Cheryl, Mom's best friend, had always looked out for her after mom died of cancer three years earlier. In fact, Sophie thought, there is no way I could have made it this far with out her. She was the best mother substitute a girl could ask for.

“Right young lady, drink this and I don’t want to hear any arguments. Then go home and try and catch up with your sleep. Leave Ben with the nanny, ok? Jamie pays her so you can have a break and enjoy your free time, so take advantage of it.“

“Ok,“ giggled Sophie, who was actually feeling quite happy now. She could not believe she was the same person that thought her life was over that very same morning.

Cheryl helped Sophie hail a cab. “I will call first thing tomorrow. I won't get the chance later, as there’s a big marketing conference at the Plaza this afternoon. I have to attend and the chances are it won't finish until the early hours. Anybody who is anything in marketing will be there,” Cheryl sighed, “and I’m 52 next birthday. I need to keep my hand in or all the new whipper snappers will overtake me.“

“You’ll never be overtaken,” Sophie commented before kissing and thanking her friend again.

Cheryl stood at the side of the road and watched the taxi disappear into the lunchtime traffic. She smiled to herself happily as she reached into her bag for her mobile. Standing on the side of the road, she shook her head in slight amusement. “Better ring Jamie; after all, he is practically family.”

The number connected and he picked up straight away. “Hello baby,” she purred, “I’ve just told your wife that there is a really important marketing conference this afternoon which will last all night. It’s suppose to be at the plaza hotel, so all you need to do now is ring and tell her not to wait up. She wont suspect a thing. We could get a room and I could do that thing you love and drive you wild.“

Jamie was silent for a second, then growled, “You’re a bad, bad woman Cheryl. Just for that, I’m going to have to punish you, but first I better ring that mouse of a wife of mine and tell her I’m working late.”

OK, I checked for grammar and spelling. I'm sick so I might have missed some. :)

Back