• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what was in Alfie & Gypsy's Run!

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
It spent about half an hour running around and digging through the straw. Sooo tiny, it just slipped through the mesh!

Sorry, pictures are abit blury.

vole.jpg

vole2.jpg

a mouse :shock:
i remember seeing a mouse in a friends house once i was so scared it was just sat in the middle of the floor staring at me :lol:

I think it might be a vole rather than a mouse - it was sort of a little bumbly fluff ball not very mouse like.

I seen them occationally in the past - I think there is a family living under the berry bush near the bunnies. That's the first time ones spent so much time wondering around though... it was mid afternoon!

The bunnies weren't at all bothered - totally ignored it :lol:

the happy bee said:
Aww, how cute!

I know! It was soo tiny, like old 50p size.

If that were in my bunnies house i would be going NUTZ now

Well, it's not really doing any harm. Probably more danger to it from BIG bunny feet :D I think they eat little bugs so might even be doing a nice bit of house keeping :lol:

Suzi Wong said:
Oh Tams
You are Soooo laid back..

If that were in my bunnies house i would be going NUTZ now :shock:

lmao! That was my thought too!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A mouse ran out from Poll and Pips run the other day and made me jump! Well done for getting the pics Tamsin :D

I think I am right in thinking that is definately a mouse, not a vole, as voles have really short stumpy tails and have much rounder, teddybear-like faces. I used to get loads of them in my garden and rescued many from next doors cat, along with tons of shrews and a few mice as well. Oh and a couple of birds, one of which was a big fat wood pigeon!! Naughty cat!

Ahhh bless it! I often see a mouse coming out of Pip's bedroom - she doesn't seem to mind although I do wonder that she may accidentally kick it and it's teeth will come out but sure it would rather run than bite her!! :lol:

we had a tiny mouse live under the runs or our some of our bunns,and at feeding time it would run out and into the run and sit eating out of thr food bowl :shock: I would tell the bunns someone was stealing their food,but they didn't bother :roll:

sometimes one of the rabbits would go to the food bowl and it would just sit a couple of inches away,and for the next 30 minutes or so it would ferry food back to it's nest. :D

My O/H would catch the stray ones that came into the house in one of those little plastic tube traps that keeps them alive :D then he would trek off through the village to pop them near the pond.

A few weeks later he would be off again,he was convinced it was the same one that kept coming back to laugh at him,saying "why do you keep taking me to the pond every week,I live here,stupid"

:love: Samantha

It didn't look like the mice we've caught (live trap) before. Kinda rounder and smaller ears... unless it was a baby one :? Dunno - it was cute :lol:

Umm, Alfie, Gypsy and .... Norman :D

sometimes one of the rabbits would go to the food bowl and it would just sit a couple of inches away,and for the next 30 minutes or so it would ferry food back to it's nest. Very Happy

Aww! I expected the bunnies to be abit more curious. They at least chin a new toy if I put one in but they didn't appear to even notice Norman!

Aww, how cute!

We have a few squirrals in our garden (they live in the tree by the side of the house) and I saw one climbing onto Ted and Dougals hutch and sitting there for a while! Squrrials are so cute, I love watching them scurrying about!

Back