• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A joke....that turned out to be a good idea!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Well, as most of you know...Alfie my french lop buck has his hutch in the rabbit summerhouse, but during daylight hours has complete run of the patio, so comes and goes as he pleases.

We anyway, with all this winter weather we're getting now, Alfie still seems to love to play out in the wind/rain/ice/snow :shock: ....and most evenings is drenched due to prefering to sit in the rain rather than go into his warm snug hutch!
This means many hours spent most days with him under the hair dryer trying to get him dry before the night sets in.

Anyhow, my mum and I were in a pet shop the other day, looking at cat collars, and a customer next to us was getting her dog fitted with a coat.
My mum laughed 'our rabbit's bigger than that dog!', and we joked about how we could get Alfie a waterproof coat for during the day.

We had a little look at the small dog sizes in coats, and for a laugh, thought one we picked would fit him.

We got him, tried it on him, it fits perfectly, and he hopped off onto the patio wearing it!

It's been a couple of days now where he's been wearing it outside, and he's not come home drenched at all!!

It doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest, and he looks very dashing in his jacket!

Mad I know, but it seems to have solved the prob for a bun who loved the rain! :lol:

LOL! I will get you photo's tomorrow :D

My neighbour laughed him head off when he saw it! He suggested we get him different colour coats for each day of the week :p

Veronica said:
LOL! I will get you photo's tomorrow :D

My neighbour laughed him head off when he saw it! He suggested we get him different colour coats for each day of the week :p

That would be very cool, i will have to get one for Sidney our frenchie :D Not sure Mark would agree though :?

MUST get pics...i love looking at the coats and collars but with a bunch of inside flufsters i don't need anything :cry:

ooh yes please on the pix!

i dont agree with dressing animals up to amuse us but have you seen the little dog jackets you can get from accessorise for dogs?

i saw them the other day when i was doing some research for work and they had some really cute pink body warmers with fluffy hoods. i couldnt stop giggling thinking about how cute bump would look in one.

(dont worry i'm not mean enough to actually try - its probably more fun in my head anyway... should i be worried i wonder...?)

Awwww!!! What a great idea to stop your bun getting soaked!! And if bun doesn't mind, then I think its a great idea!!!! :thumb:

But we NEEEEEED piccies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please........... lol! :D

Marleys got a little jacket too, I never thouht about putting the picies on here. Maybe we should have a best dressed bunny competition. :lol:

SOAD said:
Marleys got a little jacket too, I never thouht about putting the picies on here. Maybe we should have a best dressed bunny competition. :lol:

Yay! I'm not the only one! :D I thought i must be crazy :p

Veronica said:
SOAD said:

Yay! I'm not the only one! :D I thought i must be crazy :p

was a bit embarressed about it, so I only told Carys :oops: , but I have him trimmed and was worried he'd feel the cold more. Shall I take a picture of him in it?

Back