• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Size of French Lops - Difference in Sexes

dogmaddebbie

Young Bun
Hiya,

I was wondering if there is any size difference between male and female french lops. I am picking up my boy next week but have only seen a fully grown female before, should I expect him to be the same size?

Cheers

Debbie

I've heard that the females in all rabbit breeds are bigger than the males, but I guess there must be acceptions. Being a lovely frech lop he will still be a big guy :D

sparklefairy said:
I've heard that the females in all rabbit breeds are bigger than the males, but I guess there must be acceptions. Being a lovely frech lop he will still be a big guy :D

there are slight differences between most makes and females but the difference is unnoticeable.

and no there will be no diffence in size between a male and female french lop

The bucks are slightly smaller in overall size, but when adult, have a much chunkier look to them. The males have a broader head. Females tend to get dewlaps.

they tend to have a thug kinda look to them :D
emma and bilbo x.x
p.s bilbo is laying on her back on my lap fast asleep!lol
p.s.s bilbo is a frenchie!

My little guy storm is growing FAST! :shock: and eats soooooo much! he's a lovely Frenchie :D I don't think he has a thug look about him :) I've heard frenchies decribed as the bulldog of the rabbit world! :lol: :lol:

P.S I also had a bun called Bilbo :) cool name!

ooh i dont know what the size difference is. My Rudy is a French lop and hes quite a big lad. Hes the biggest softie in the world!! No a bad bone in his body

Rudyrabbit002.jpg

Back