• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The CUTEST Thing!!!

greydaze

Warren Scout
Well, as some of you know, "my" Skittles wasn't my first choice. There was another bun I was going to get, but someone had bought him by the time I got everything together (cage, food, bunny-proofing, etc). I'm glad to have Skittles, and I wouldn't trade her for another bun ever. One thing that sort of made me sad, though, was that the first bun was a licker, and Skittles isn't.

Well, the past few days, Skittles and I have been getting really close. I've taken up lying on the floor to watch TV and read, and Skittles will come, hop all over and around me, and beg for pets. We've had long petting sessions (maybe 40 minutes out of an hour today!), and Skittles will jump on my tum or chest and lick my clothes. I was truly happy when she started doing this because it meant she's starting to really trust and like me. Well, today she was hopping around (her out-of-cage time is up to 4-6 hours per day now, sonce she's proven how well she can use her litterbox!), and lo-and-behold, she licked me, not just my toes! That really made me happy. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. :D

Awww yay!

I'm having the opposite problem! When I got Daisy, she'd spent aaages licking me, my clothes, grooming my hair...and now, she flinches when I go to rub her nose, and when she does let me pet her, she never grooms me back. I don't know if I've inadvertantley done something that she thinks is awful and she hates me :cry: but she doesn't seem to like me much. Hopefully, it just takes patience.

There is one truly God-send of a site that I have in my favorites. It is SO worth reading EVERYTHING written! It helped me understand Skittles so well! The page is written (I suppose) by a woman and her husband (who is a PhD is psychology). http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html#intro I LOVE that site. It took me (at reading speed 800 words per minute) maybe 4 hrs to get through all of it, so someone with an average reading speed (350-650) it would take 6-8 hrs. But it is worth it!

I go to that site first when Skittles is doing something funny, like turning her back to me and grooming herself cause she's ****** at me for telling her "no!" :lol: And I didn't believe it at first, but doing the same to your bun (turning sideways and "grooming" youself with your hands), until you've gotten her attention and then extending a hand for a nose-rub works! Of course, if my family's around, they look at me funny, but at least Skittles gets that she did something to make me miffed and that I'm willing to forgive!

Because of the language barrier, it's hard to communicate with your bun, but I'm sure things will be smoother if you know her "language" a bit better! :D

I LOVE that site, it really is a gem!

Oooo, another fast reader. I read at something like 790 words a minute too (from a computer screen, apparently it's more words from paper?), I find it really odd that that's not normal :lol: .

Looking at my last post, I just said that Daisy never licks me any more, and then I got up and walked to the mirror and she pounced on my feet and started licking me! Spoke too soon!

Lol, my fiance started out at ~350 WPM, and I started at 780. My average right now is 800, although I've gone as high as 950 (only when I REALLY lose myself in a book that isn't full of complicated terms), and his average is 400-450.

I've never heard the words I read while I'm reading them, but I suppose that why people read so slowly normally is because they're hearing every word in their head and can't go faster than the fastest their brain can "speak" the book for them...

I've only ever done a couple of reading speed tests, with mixed results, but I've always read ridiculously fast. I think it has something to do with the way I've devoured books from a really young age though. It astounds me how people can take weeks to read a book or even days to read an average length book :lol: But then, other people's talents obviously lie in less obscure areas than mine. It's so frustrating when you're waiting to read a newspaper that someone else is plodding through though :lol: .

I don't hear the words in my head...I always notice when I start to hear the words in my head and my reading slows down though :lol:

Bit of a topic hijack here :lol: Us and our obscure talents :lol:

Back