• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What veg do you feed each day?

Quinn

Mama Doe
So far quinn loves kale and i know hes only supposed to have it sparingly, he likes carrot and broccoli and a bit of celery and a little cabbage

But i keep reading about how some veg have too much calcium or too much sugar etc so what do you feed them daily thats safe?

And also ive been using veg to treat him when he comes to me etc, what else can i give him as a treat thats healthy?

Mine just get fresh greens and a small amount of carrot every day in the way of veg - and herbs as treats :D

Love your sig BTW

what sort of greens are they?

Ive read the safe lists etc but its more how much of each you can give

mine have, brussell sprouts, spring greens, broccoli, carrots and tops, celery leaves and green pepper.

They are spring greens really - I buy them from the supermarket in a bag! I give then just the leaves cos I found the stems upset their tums and about 1 large stem each. They get 1/2 a large carrot between 2.

Mine get celery, greens, cucumber, carrot, apple, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, parsley, mint (not all on same day though!!!) Rotate throughout the week depending upon what is in the fridge!! :)

I found carrot and cucumber made Harveys poo go really sticky and gunky so that it stuck in a wodge on his bum.

those are off the menu now!! :?

Harvey has spring greens broccoli htat is ignored, corn on the cob, kale, and occasional rocket, parsley and corriander as treats

I'm afraid my 2 are very spoilt! :) I buy them little packets of mixed veg from the supermarket :D , some have carrot, brocoli, caulliflower, or baby sweetcorn, mange toute, with carrot in them, they also get the odd bit of apple, brussle spouts, spinich, parsnip, kale, herbs, and other stuff like dandilion leaves.

Mine get a couple of things from a selection of carrot, cabbage, cucumber, sprouts, broccoli, greens...sometimes a bit of apple.

They get quite a lot...they love it, and I spoil them, but Fidget's poos are a bit soft recently, so I'll be cutting back.

Mine both LOVE parsely. More so than carrots *Was shocked*
They also get watercress, and carrot tops; I haven'tintroduced any others yet. Plus I'm laying off the veggies for a few days...Porker Cygnus ate Keiser's share of veggies, as well as his own, and ended up with the runs. SO he's on nothing but hay for a few days - Which has helped greatly btw. Little ****** x_X

Hi,

I was just about to put a similar posting on...how weird!!

My bun is a wild bunny so he's quite small. Do you feed your rabs veg every day and if so what quantity of veg do you give them?

Nicxxxxxxxxxx

Kahlo gets her veg on her bunny ka-bob and in her bunny bounce back.... if she has it in her bowl it is gone in seconds.

She normally gets a couple of large Spring Green leaves, a chunk of brocolli stalk, and a small piece of carrot every day. Depending upon what is the fridge she gets bits of green pepper, cauliflower, parsnip, courgette some days too.

She also gets a couple of basil leaves most days, although the plant is looking a little worse for wear, so she might have to wait a day or two for some more!

OK...Kayj gives a dish of chopped veg a day for each bun...just regular 3-4 inch size. i just copy her :D
With a younger bun a little less i guess :?

peas

I've just posted a new topic but haven't had much response as yet so I thought I'd ask here. My bunny absolutely adores peas and they aren't listed on any of the rabbit food lists on any of the other posts here. Please can anyone tell me whether it's ok to feed bun peas as they are his fave and he has them very often. If they are not good for him I will stop feeding them to him.

Nic xxxxxxxxx

Back