• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oakley's eye!! and Jacks Nose

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Here we go again!!! Jacks nose is nearly all better, he has had the iodine packing out and we've just to keep an eye on it now. Hazel thinks he may loose a little bit of his nose but not the whole thing and he is now back with Pan! Phew!

Oakley however has a very runny eye and snot coming down her nose! Yum! i don't think it's snufffles as there are no sneezes and her chest sounds clear but i do think it may be a tearduct problem or her teeth!!! I am taking her to the vet tommorow night (would go tonight but i have to go to the pet shop and get some stuff that i have ran out of). For the moment though i have her on Baytril and eye drops util the vet can see her but this doesn't seem to be making any difference which makes me think it's her teeth! Oh poo!

I would ask for a test to be done as its more likly to be pasturela if there is a discarge from the nose, they dont always sneeze. Batril dosen always have much of an impact on pasturela unless its a very long course , it wont act imeadiatly and if youve had the test and it is that they can see which antibiotics are the best to use. Best of luck. val

Thanks Val, I've had snuffles bunny's before and this looks nothing like it! But i will ask the vet to do a swab tonight just incase!

And Kay your quite bloomin right!

Ah she's fine Laura! Eating like and Horse and being spiolt rotten! she just keeps sneexing! She's much better now she's on her own she is much happier!

Lavender weighs 3.5 and Hesters 4 i think Oakley needs more food!!!! Although if i gave her anymore i have no idea how she would eat it all in one day!!!!

Back