• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bun wanted

fifi0529

Alpha Buck
Am thinkin of gettin a friend for lily but my parents refuse to hav another bun in the house. hav tried to explain she's a bit lonely, espaecially when we're all out at work, uni. school etc but still no luck. Any advice on how to persuade them? hav seen a beatiful lop at my local rescue called cinnamon who i would love to take home.

Love Fi xxx (and Lily)

ps is anyone having problems ordering from bunnymail? ordered lily's xmas present weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. hav tried e-mailing but got no reply and can't get thru on phone. am worried in case my cheque is missing in post as this has happened before.

Im in the same situation as you :( my mum wont even let Jazz in the house :? :cry: i really want another bun for him to snuggle up 2 :cry:

my parents used to be like this too

write down a list of positives for why your bunny should have a new friend at show it to them :D

lisa

My parents used to be the same and now my OH tries to be but i tend to ignore him! its hard when its their house though.

I agree with writing the list of positives and i would also try the we have one, two doesnt make much difference tact lol

If you look after your current rabbit and they dont have to have anything to do with it then your argument is obviously stronger too

I am 21 and still have problems with my mum and dad, and animals. My mum is a softy and always says NO! And then asks why. And gives in.

When i asked if i could bring Maya home she said no, and then sent a text asking where i would put him, and why he needed a home. She always says "they are yours. So you look after them, pay for them and play with them".

If your parents are anything like mine they will give once you have given them enough reasons why its a good idea to have another bunny.

Gracie and animals x

My parents said my rabbits were a ridiculous idea. I got them anyway :lol: . But I don't live at home for most of the year, and my parents are total softies :lol:

Why exactly won't they have a rabbit in the house? Have you introduced them to the rabbit? I think that parents tend to think they smell and should live in a hutch outside (my parents are of the generation where a lot of meals came from the rabbits they bred at the bottom of the garden :shock: )...or "be in a pie" (like we've never heard that "joke" before. A million times :lol:)...but once they see them sniffing around and binkying, lots of people tend to change their minds!

My mum will let lily in the house but she is a bit of a chewer and likes to leave hundreds of little presents! My mum doesn't really mind too much as long as they all get cleaned up. My dad on the other hand... :evil: ...isn't a fan of lily.

We've had bunnies in the past and always had two. Benji developed a severe head tilt and had to be put to sleep. :cry: Then we had Rosie but she passed away during surgery. Both losses absolutely broke my heart and my mum and dad don't want anything like that to happen again. Will try my list of positives and some begging. If i could get them to the rescue centre i'm sure they would change their minds! :wink: Here's hoping!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Fiona and lily, Merry Christmas everyone (and bun)

ps emailed bunnymail and cancelled order. got a bit ratty actually. am just going to shop at bunny basics now for lily's xmas present. so excited!!!

Back