• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stitches

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all...

As alot of you know, Alfie pulled out his stitches last Monday night, he was re-stitched.

I took him to the vet on Thursday for him to check the stitches and he said he could have them out tonight - HOOOORAYYYYYYYYYYY..

Now I am worrying that when i go to the vets he is goign to say "actually you need to leave them in for a bit longer". Alfie has a funnel round his head to stop him chewing them so want it off ASAP.

Can stiches take lonnger than 7-8 days to heal and would my vet on Thursday said yep he can have them out Tuesday if he really didn't think he couldn't??

I was so excited this morning about him havign them out and then i suddenly thoguht - what if the vet says he can't??

Is the possibility slim??

Thanks again

Bonnie

me too!

Surely the vet wouldn;t say he can get them out Tuesday when there is a possibility that he can't!

Im stressing now!!

if the vet had a look at them earlier and said they would be ok this afternoon then thats probably the case.

let us know how little alfie gets on - i still can't believe the little tinker trying to take them out himself!

how's he been getting on with his lamp shade?

Bonnie they should be fine to come out today!! Flynn had his 'op' last Thursday and he undid one 'sac' :oops: :oops: on the Saturday. He was all healed so nothing had to be done!! Jane and Bunsxx

I know he is such a terror!!!

he is doing really well with the lampshade on actually, he is still bunny-hopping, its like its not really on him! i have been tempted to take it off for a short time but it felt even more cruel to put it back on again.

Plus i have kept him inside all week just to be on the safe side, i let him out for a short run in the garden and he loved it! he sits by the window sometimes wanting to be let out!

Appointment is at 6,45, am going to take the lampshade off him when he goes in his carrier cause otherwise i can't get him in very well!!!

THANKS!

I know he is such a terror!!!

he is doing really well with the lampshade on actually, he is still bunny-hopping, its like its not really on him! i have been tempted to take it off for a short time but it felt even more cruel to put it back on again.

Plus i have kept him inside all week just to be on the safe side, i let him out for a short run in the garden and he loved it! he sits by the window sometimes wanting to be let out!

Appointment is at 6,45, am going to take the lampshade off him when he goes in his carrier cause otherwise i can't get him in very well!!!

THANKS!

Bonnie they should be fine to come out today!! Flynn had his 'op' last Thursday and he undid one 'sac' on the Saturday. He was all healed so nothing had to be done!! Jane and Bunsxx

YAY!!!! god i can't wait to have him back outside running around..its been awful seeing him with that lampshade on - boyfriend had been calling him 'Larry the Lamp'!!

Glad Flynn is ok and healed!!!

larry the lamp? what a meanie!

i'm sure alfie will get his own back though.

fingers crossed for tonight.

My laptop is called Larry :lol: My husband refuses to acknowlede this, but still knows exactly what I mean and answers me, when I say "Where's Larry". Hope Alfie has healed up nicely xx

My laptop is called Larry My husband refuses to acknowlede this, but still knows exactly what I mean and answers me, when I say "Where's Larry

:lol: :lol:

Alfie had his stiches out, got homne and he chewed a little scab off that was left there from when he picked it last week. Its all fine though and had him back out in the garden running around at 6.30 this morning until i went to work (he has been in all week!).

He was in his element and has hardly sneezed at all!!!!

NOW I CAN GET HIM A LADY FRIEND!!!! ...can't berludy wait!!

yay for alfie!

great news that he is stich free - so when is he going to get his own back on your other half for the cheeky names?

Hi Ali,

Alfie is absolutely fine thanks for asking - he is loving being out in the garden again, will be on the look out for a girlfriend for him now!!!

How is your little man??

Bonnie

Hi thats good news, glad to hear Alfies out and about in the garden. :D

Barneys fine thanks, he's still a little so and so with his litter tray, uses it fine during the day but not at night :roll: :roll:

Iv'e run out of ideas I don't know what else to do :?

Ali and Barney :lol:

Back