• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spooked bunny

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Hello all!
I'm probably being a paranoid bunny mum :oops: but ruby has been really spooked this morning. I went out to feed them, and i don't know if I suprised her, but she went mad, running up and down, then did not seem interested in the food. She wouldn't go anywhere near it when I was there, so I left them to it. I then took some apple out, which is her favourite, and couldn't tempt her with that. But, would she eat if she was spooked about something?
I've had a good check round her (which has caused her to be even more unhappy :roll: ) and I can't see any problems - her tummy feels ok, bottom clean, nails in tact etc.
The run is 100% predator proof, as we had a rat probem last year and vastly improved the design.
Anyone have any idea of what might be wrong and if I should be overly concerned?

I've though about that too. We don't tend to get foxes out here, but one could have been around. I suppose her feeling spooked will have something to do with her not being enthusiastic about her food.
Anything unusual just sets me panicking really :oops:

One of my buns acted really strange once basically just like yours has been doing and it actually turned out that one of my other buns wasn't well and she was telling me. I must add that the bun that was ill was one that had cancer (Idid know and she was being treated) but my bun was basically telling me that she wasn't well, It turned out that the bun with cancer had to be pts 2 days later as she had stopped eating as the cancer had gone into the oesphagus and wouldn't go down. It was strange as when I took Flossie out and off to the vets flopsy my other bun went back to her old self.

That's interesting Kay, to know they're so attuned to each other. Bobby seems fine, I check him over every other day, as he had a blocked tear duct a couple of months back that was treated, and i want to make sure it doesn't come back. They're both sat on top of the hutch at the moment in normal position.
Maybe it was just because we had a slight change of routine today, as the o/h left quite early. His car's nearest the run and hardly ever moves, so maybe the noise spooked her.

that is probably what it is then. As regards to my two the funny thing is that they never got on.

kayj said:
that is probably what it is then. As regards to my two the funny thing is that they never got on.

:shock: Bless them.

I think I'm being overly paranoid. She is the skittish one anyway - she was in rescue for over two years - still not quite used to me. Nothing uually puts her off her food though :roll: Bunnies, eh?

Back