• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know what it means...

melaniejb

Mama Doe
when a bunny licks you?

I've read a few posts on here that say that the bun likes you if it licks you. I really hope that's the case as when I kissed my lovely Poppy today she gave me a big lick on my nose and forehead! :love:

The thing is I've only had her for just over a month and she's still very nervous/doesn't like me picking her up and only tolerates the odd stroke.

I had just been hand feeding her though...perhaps she was saying thank you!!!! :D

Grooming is usually a sign of heirarchy- the submissive rabbit licks the dominant. You could be dominant bunny, lol, or you two could be co-dominant if you groom her back (don't worry, hands are fine, you don't have to lick her, lol).

sometimes they lick you to get the salt of your skin, or so i've heard! suppose its cheaper than a salt lick from the shops!!

I heard that... then I got Bandit a salt lick and she 'killed' it without even a lick. I had to sweep the remains up and throw them away. Never tried that again.

Thank you for your replies!

I certainly hope it's a 'love thing' and not a salt fix! She did binky when she saw me this morning and was having a fantastic chasing game with me last night! Lets hope that she does love me and her mood swings/irritation at our approaches are something to do with her teenage years!

Melanie :D

Back