• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mr Thumps He's gone to the Bridge(post mortem results)

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Mr Thumps is going to have to go to the vets as he has been sneezing and had a discharge from his nose, I have been giving him baytril for the last 5 days and hasn't cleared it and his eye as started weeping now.
My poor baby Thumps.
HPIM0244.jpg
[/img]

Now Mr Thumps dont go worrying your Mum!! Hope everything goes OK at the Vets. GAWD the worry a poorly bun can generate can age you 10 years in 10 minutes!! :roll: :roll: Can we have a progress report later please......?? Jane and Bunsxx

My Vet isn't on until Wednesday so I am going then, but I was wondering if I should give him some penicilin as I have got that in as I have another bun I have to inject it with (oooh I don't know what to do,)
Should I or Shouldn't I

I'd check with the 'on duty vet' first as you might find that you will no longer be permitted to have injectable meds at home if you inject a bun for whom the drug was not prescribed. You are no doubt right that Mr T needs penicillin but to keep it 'legal' and to ensure your vets continue to allow you to give injections I'd give the vets a call. Jane and Bunsxx

Well Mr thumps as got a temp of 103 and as been put on 4mls of seprtim twice a day for 5 days if this doesn't show any improvement then we are on Penicillin, He as got snuffles but she thinks because of me putting him on baytril straight away we may have combatted it early enough.

fingers crossed that his temp comes down soon but its good to know that your quick action might have helped.

best wishes to mr thumps and i hope is back to his usual self soon.

You wouldn't actually think their was anything wrong with him apart from is snotty nose and eye being the cheeky little boy that he is.

Awww his temp is NORMAL!! Buns temperature range is 101.3-104F !! Glad he is still being a cheeky big chappie and hopefully all the nasty bugs will be zapped by the Septrin!! Jane and Bunsxx

kayj said:
No No No, Oakley will have to come and live with us.
Nope not happening!! I will just steal Me Thumps at xmas he's small enough to hide!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NOT!!!!

Back