• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heat pads

tomjacob

Banned
I have tried to look for this topic, sorry if a repeat. I have a large bunny and a large cat, thought a heat pad would be a good Chrissie idea. Do they work, the microwave ones I mean? Do they stay quite hot or just lukewarm. I tend not to have the heating on at night but have quite high in day as I have health problems. Will the pads keep them warmer? They seem quite small are they really worth it? Thanks.

:D I use my snugglesafe when I take the buns to the vets, to keep them warm in their carrier :D , and I like knowing I have it if one of them ever gets poorly :wink: . They stay warm for hours - even more so when they're sat on it!! :roll: with regards to temperature, they feel to the rabbits as warm as a hot water bottle feels to us!!

As I have two buns I don't need to use it each day as they live indoors and snuggle up to each other -or me!! :lol: But I'm glad I bought mine!! - hope this helps!!!

bunsxmas.jpg

Great idea for when going to vets. I usually have to walk mine down and do worry about the cold. I will get one to try and then if they like it I'll get another so one each. Many thanks.

snugglesafe.co.uk , ebay or theres another site i cant remember or P@H sell them for £18.99 but obviously thats not online

I've just spent a small fortune getting all my bunnies one of these for each hutch! At nearly 20quid a pop, I'm going to let my purse go into retirement now :( :lol:

They are def well worth it though :) My outdoor buns have theirs every night, they love sitting on them + makes me feel better as I know they are snug :)

Nicola

My buns are outdoors and it's been very cold recently, they really like theirs :) They aren't forced to use it and also have bedrooms/boxes of hay + straw to snuggle in, but it also gives me peace of mind knowing that they have something to keep them warm on these freezing nights!

Nicola

Diddeen said:
if you buy them via rabbit rehome link you get 10%discount i believe. :wink:

Yep :D Snuggle Safe are great people. They also donated six free to the Christmas Appeal and sent us bits to raffle in the summer!

please just make sure you buy a decent one. always check the casing on a regular basis for cracks and heat only for the specific times. dont place so the rabbit can be directly on top, always wrap in a few towels or blankets and dont place somewhere your pet cant get off it if it want to, they can quickly over heat. a lady who came to the vets had bought a cheap one for her nursing ragdoll and kittens, she hadnt noticed it had a hole and the gel leaked all over the kittens and mom. mom had badly burned feet and the gel caked solid on the kittens fur, luckily they were ok but it took weeks to get it all off them.

I did a bit of research and the cheapest ones I found were at www.sphsupplies.co.uk. I think they were £16.99 each, plus shipping, and I got 2 delivered the next day. My buns love them, and as they've got covers on I don't need to bother with wrapping them up - good point though bout checking them regularly

lol bugs bunny and friends

Back