• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet cookie

honey

Alpha Buck
i finally got o/h to agree to adopting "thomas" who had been taken in by rspca medway and yesterday we did the long journey to bring him home :D

i wasn't sure whether or not to rename him but i think he'll probably be renamed cookie

because of his history he isn't happy being stroked so at the moment we're taking it really slowly but he doesn't seem bothered by us sitting down with him and he'll come up for a sniff. this is all down to the fantastic work done by amanda and all the people who have spent time with him, i think it's amazing what rescues do. i have to admit he's my first rescue rabbit :oops: but i think we'll definitely be rehoming rescue rabbits again in the future so a big thanks to everyone on this site for opening my eyes to how many bunnies need homes

anyway enough writing here he is

cookie1.jpg

Oh..... my........... goodness........... :love: :love:

You lucky so and so........ he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Hope he has many happy years with you!!! :D

thanks, when i first saw him in the rabbits in need section i really liked him and i kept thinking about him and then there was an update and before i read it i thought someone else had adopted him and i felt really sad. when i saw it was only an update to say he's been neutered i knew i had to try and rehome him and luckily it's all worked out :D

i think it's meant to be cos he was taken in to the rspca on the same day that my french lop honey died back in july :(

He's gorgeous! Well done for rehoming a needy bun! Our bun Miffy hated being stroked or picked up as she'd spent the first 3.5 months of her life abandoned in a communal garden with no human contact. :-( She's gradually come out of her shell though, and has made her way to us. Almost a year after we got her, she's a proper fuss-bun! She loves being stroked and begs for a nose rub a couple of times a day! I'm sure that given time your little chap will realise fuss is a good thing and start becoming more affectionate as he gets used to you.

AMETHYST

Do you know what happened to him? :cry:

don't know much other than he lived with his brother who used to really dominate him and the two of them were left in a hutch with no handling for a year before being given away as aggressive :( apparently "you can't get near him"

the rspca did a great job with him and he's settled in here quite quickly. he always runs up to us and bops us with his nose but he really doesn't like being touched. i'm stroking him every day to get him used to it and he's not at all agressive :?

i think he'll be fine but i'm sad that he's obviously got so much potential so how could people have such a lovely rabbit and mess it up so much :(

Back