• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My nan has just died

About 10 minutes ago, she went very quickly and peacefully, she was 81 had lived a very good and happy life and will be reunited with my grandad now which is what she has wanted for so long.

We had a very up and down relationship but i still loved her so goodbye nan, give grandad a big kiss from me and rest easy, look after my babies for me, give them cuddles from their mummy and daddy. Rest easy nan, love you always xxxx

So sorry about your nan, my nan died in October she was also 81 AND missing Grandad.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Thank you all, it is strange really although you know someone is going to die it is still a shock when they do. She will be so happy now with grandad, they will be waltzing the night away bless them both xx

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

Farewell to your Nan. No earthly relationships are without their 'ups-and-downs'. I am sure your Nan loves you too. She is now reunited with her husband and free from all the troubles of this world. Jane and Bunsxx

I'm so sorry, Shell and it is strange when you know someone is going to die but it is still a shock when they do actually go. Big hugs to you. xxxx

I am sorry for your loss Mark.
Grans are special.

I am sorry I never had the chance to get to know my only Gran better. She was in poor health and most of the memories I have of her are of her in bed and then in a nursing home.
My Granddad died about 7 years later aged 81. When I was 15.
He missed her so much and he actaully cried when she had to go into the nursing home, I was about 6, I think, and stayed with him while my Mum went in the ambulance with her.
And he let me see him cry and said to me that men can cry.
Men do not have to have a stiff upper lip and not show our emotions.
It makes you ill if you stem your emotions.
I stil miss my Grandad. He died november 15th 1970.
They were my Mothers parents.
Sadly my Father lost his whole family in the blitz in WW2. And they were both in their 40's when I was born.

So sorry to hear your sad news. It is so hard to lose someone whom you tend to think is always going to be there. Feeling for you so much

A-Goodnight-Hug-Giclee-Print-I11782.jpg

Oh dear, so saddened to hear your news :(
Thinking of you both and sending much love
Adele, David and all the bunnies

Back