• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mysi and vhd at the same time? help

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
ep i have finally done it mistakenly given helga the new bunny her mysi tday and forgot she has just had vhd a few days ago?

vets said it shouldnt matter and doesnt need a repeat BUT if this is the case why do they say wait for two weeks/ i feel really silly now and stupid! :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

anyone know why?

Eve x

I've been told it's mainly because the vaccines are made by different companies so they aren't licensed to be given together, so the 2 week gap is simply for licensing reasons.

Also obviously the immune system starts working once a vaccine is given so 2 in a short space of time may overload an already weakened system, but should be absolutely fine for a healthy bunny. But hey, babies get given multiple vaccines all at once so it can't be that dangerous :wink:

How is Frau Helga, have her and Panda settled in ok overnight, and the other lovely 2 as well (sorry I can picture them but can't remember their names, isn't it terrible)

AlisonA said:
I've been told it's mainly because the vaccines are made by different companies so they aren't licensed to be given together, so the 2 week gap is simply for licensing reasons.

Also obviously the immune system starts working once a vaccine is given so 2 in a short space of time may overload an already weakened system, but should be absolutely fine for a healthy bunny. But hey, babies get given multiple vaccines all at once so it can't be that dangerous :wink:

How is Frau Helga, have her and Panda settled in ok overnight, and the other lovely 2 as well (sorry I can picture them but can't remember their names, isn't it terrible)

there mad and were making loads of noise last night think they were havin a party in the wee small hours!, they are gonna be big fun! the terrible two they have been named :lol: :lol:

bertie and honey were all squidged together on the way to the vets which was lovely to see but they are both in retirement so allot calmer! :lol: :lol:

will pop some piccys up when i get back from dropping my kc to nursery in a mo!

thanks i would hate to think i had hurt her giving both together
:cry:
Eve x

i've heard this as well. i've had frances (h-b) ranting (wonderful lady likes to vent about various bunny things) at me as to the fact that there are other countries where the jabs are combined.

desdi said:
i've heard this as well. i've had frances (h-b) ranting (wonderful lady likes to vent about various bunny things) at me as to the fact that there are other countries where the jabs are combined.

are they really thats interesting!

yes. i think it might be in the US (BUT dont quote me!).

just think us lucky that we are not in Austrialia as i understand that they dont allow Mixi jabs due to the problems with buns over there.

My vet said 7-14 days is that wrong then should i wait the 14? i was going to take quinn this weekend to get the VHD as he had his myxi one last weekend, should i wait another week?

We agreed 2 give the myxi one first because of foxes etc that live basically at the back of our garden so theres a possibility of wild rabbits

Quinn said:
My vet said 7-14 days is that wrong then should i wait the 14? i was going to take quinn this weekend to get the VHD as he had his myxi one last weekend, should i wait another week?

We agreed 2 give the myxi one first because of foxes etc that live basically at the back of our garden so theres a possibility of wild rabbits

yep 14 days i what is recommended!

i asked my vet last month why the vaccs were given with a 2 to 3 week gap and she told me it was in case the bun had a bad reaction to one of them . if they were given together they wouldnt know which one had caused the reaction,

Angie

Back