PDA

View Full Version : mysi and vhd at the same time? help

bunnylove
08-12-2005, 12:32 PM
ep i have finally done it mistakenly given helga the new bunny her mysi tday and forgot she has just had vhd a few days ago?

vets said it shouldnt matter and doesnt need a repeat BUT if this is the case why do they say wait for two weeks/ i feel really silly now and stupid! :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

anyone know why?

Eve x

AlisonA
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I've been told it's mainly because the vaccines are made by different companies so they aren't licensed to be given together, so the 2 week gap is simply for licensing reasons.

Also obviously the immune system starts working once a vaccine is given so 2 in a short space of time may overload an already weakened system, but should be absolutely fine for a healthy bunny. But hey, babies get given multiple vaccines all at once so it can't be that dangerous :wink:

How is Frau Helga, have her and Panda settled in ok overnight, and the other lovely 2 as well (sorry I can picture them but can't remember their names, isn't it terrible)

bunnylove
08-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I've been told it's mainly because the vaccines are made by different companies so they aren't licensed to be given together, so the 2 week gap is simply for licensing reasons.

Also obviously the immune system starts working once a vaccine is given so 2 in a short space of time may overload an already weakened system, but should be absolutely fine for a healthy bunny. But hey, babies get given multiple vaccines all at once so it can't be that dangerous :wink:

How is Frau Helga, have her and Panda settled in ok overnight, and the other lovely 2 as well (sorry I can picture them but can't remember their names, isn't it terrible)

there mad and were making loads of noise last night think they were havin a party in the wee small hours!, they are gonna be big fun! the terrible two they have been named :lol: :lol:

bertie and honey were all squidged together on the way to the vets which was lovely to see but they are both in retirement so allot calmer! :lol: :lol:

will pop some piccys up when i get back from dropping my kc to nursery in a mo!

thanks i would hate to think i had hurt her giving both together
:cry:
Eve x

desdi
08-12-2005, 12:41 PM
i've heard this as well. i've had frances (h-b) ranting (wonderful lady likes to vent about various bunny things) at me as to the fact that there are other countries where the jabs are combined.

bunnylove
08-12-2005, 12:43 PM
i've heard this as well. i've had frances (h-b) ranting (wonderful lady likes to vent about various bunny things) at me as to the fact that there are other countries where the jabs are combined.

are they really thats interesting!

desdi
08-12-2005, 12:48 PM
yes. i think it might be in the US (BUT dont quote me!).

just think us lucky that we are not in Austrialia as i understand that they dont allow Mixi jabs due to the problems with buns over there.

Quinn
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
My vet said 7-14 days is that wrong then should i wait the 14? i was going to take quinn this weekend to get the VHD as he had his myxi one last weekend, should i wait another week?

We agreed 2 give the myxi one first because of foxes etc that live basically at the back of our garden so theres a possibility of wild rabbits

bunnylove
08-12-2005, 03:14 PM
My vet said 7-14 days is that wrong then should i wait the 14? i was going to take quinn this weekend to get the VHD as he had his myxi one last weekend, should i wait another week?

We agreed 2 give the myxi one first because of foxes etc that live basically at the back of our garden so theres a possibility of wild rabbits

yep 14 days i what is recommended!

bunny_burrows
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
My vet said if they have them together then they get depressed so aslong as she isn't depressed I'd say she'll be fine.

bunnymadhouse
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
i asked my vet last month why the vaccs were given with a 2 to 3 week gap and she told me it was in case the bun had a bad reaction to one of them . if they were given together they wouldnt know which one had caused the reaction,

Angie