• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bun emergency...rolo s gone

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just had to rush poor rolo to vets. he had an absess and teeth triuble but seemed to have recovered realy well. the lump had gone and he seemed fine and lively. when ive gone to check him this morning he was huddled in a pool of runny poo and looked realy miserable. poor bun. his mate blossom was licking him all over his face im sure she new there was some thing wrong.
tracey has took him cos im working so on pins now waiting for her to get back

worried
:(
Angie

rolo back from vets

vet given him antibiotics :?
not sure i agree with that. surely antibiotics might make diareaha worse.
He hasnt got a temperature but is very quiet and is sat all hunched up.

checked his abssess sight and its fine.

Angie

loads of hay all the time .veg in morning , a bit of dry mix and pellets in evening (half and half) been on this for nearly 12 months now and always been ok.
dont think its his food . think it is tied in with the abssess thing some how. was fine till that. think hes lost a fair bit of weight the last few weeks too. had 2 couses of anti biotics all ready to treat abssess which has now cleared up so wary at giving him more.
poor boy has took some fluid with probiotic from a syringe and put some hay in for him but hes not interested in eating.

Angie

Oh Angie poor Rolo. I'm so surprised your vet did not admit him for IV fluid therapy...?? Sounds like he is quite a poorly boy. Has he had any pain relief...?? I guess just trying to get some fluids into him and keeping him warm now...?? It is not for me to question really BUT.....more antibiotics....what for?? Diarrhoea in an adult bun is only rarely a bacterial problem.....Just thinking 'out loud' here....I'm not a vet after all... Really hope he shows some improvement soon. Jane and Bunsxx

Rolo is fading fast poor thing . i feel so helpless. i got him to take some fluids earlier but now he is refusing every thing . :cry:
i ve had him inside but i have put him back out with blossom in the hope that he gets some comfort from her. ive put in a snuggle safe to keep him more comfortable .hes never liked being inside any way.

Elve
no this is a different rolo he is on the rehome site with blossom.They seem to have been with us ages.

jane
i expected the vet to do just that , but he didnt. i thought the same about antibiotics as you too.
i ve tried to give him some metacam for pain relief but not sure if he got it as he wouldnt swallow.
the vet gave him an antibiotic injection. :?
unfortunatly as you say we re not vets :cry:

Would you be able to contact your Vets OUT-OF -HOURS cover now...?? Maybe the emergency cover would be more........ermmmmm......knowledgable.....??They may well admit him as I feel sure he needs intensive veterinary care...?? Poor,poor Rolo. :cry: :cry: Jane and Bunsxx

poor little rolo has died . i checked on him after i made my last post and he d passed away in his hutch with his mate blossom by his side.

i had realy hoped to find him a forever home soon and now its too late.

thats 2 buns we ve lost in 2 weeks . :cry: :cry:

Angie

At peace now Rolo :cry: :cry: Time for you to move on to your forever home at The Bridge. Take good care lil' man and enjoy the eternal sunshine and freedom. Jane and Bunsxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: Poor Rolo - I am so sad for his loss and appalled at the vet :cry: :cry: :cry:
Run free in the eternal sunshine now darling one - have fun in the long lush grass and binky with all your new friends - xxxx

Back