• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Trees

Lanny

Warren Scout
Are real Christmas Trees dangerous to buns? I am guessing no, but I thought I ought to check as we are thinking about the logistics of our first christmas with two house buns

yeah I though that as they weren't allowed anything pine then firs would be a no as well.

Does anyone know for sure

Poisonous species
Amongst the most poisonous are species such as anemone, azalea, bittersweet, bryony, caladium, cyclamen, columbine, dog mercury, figwort, nightshade deadly & woody, poppies, ragwort, buttercups, daffodils, bluebells, foxglove, hemlock, spurges, kingcup, marsh marigold, monkshood, meadow saffron, mistletoe, St john’s wort, Leyland Cypress, fools parsley and hellebore.

Your garden may also contain cultivated plants that can cause problems, such as; dahlias, lupins, chrysanthemums, delphinium, lily of the valley, tulips, iris, morning glory, antirrhinums, lobelia, fig, figwort, Jerusalem cherry, juniper hyacinth privet, yew, laburnum, lords and ladies, ivy berries, philodondron, rhododendron, azalea, wisteria, clematis, holly and most evergreen trees.

I did a search and found this from rabbit.org

"If your Christmas tree has not been treated (with fire retardent, pesticides, etc) or painted (!!), then it should be safe to chew. Also note that the pine will turn the urine orange, but this is not something to be worried about."

http://www.rabbit.org/care/holidays.html

So how about my pine furniture? Millie and Cloe love having a good old chew on my untreated pine shelves. :? Should i be worried about this?

Also I read somewhere that a good toy is a pine cone...was going to bring a load back from holiday for the buns in hope that they might actually PLAY!!!!!

Does anyone know if pine cones are dangerous? For bunnies that is!!!! :lol:

Back