• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

your bun!

First of all, breed and color shouldn't matter too much when choosing your new pet. Try looking at personality, which bun do you get along with best? Try a rescue centre or shelter, there are thousands of bunnies in need, and I'm sure there are some close to your home :D

Here are my buns if you want to see though....

Blaise is a Holland lop/Dwarf lop. I think he is a fawn colour, not sure.

DaisyandBlaise7.jpg

Daisy is a Mini lop. White with a few gray and brown spots.

LeahsAnimals043.jpg

This is Oliver, he is a netherland dwarf. Black (if you cant tell :lol: )

olie.jpg

xxx

None of my buns are 'pure'. My bunnies tend to find me, so I can give you a guess at what they are, but it really is personality and history as to why they're with me. For example, I knew Ruby had been in a rescue centre for over two years, so I jsut had to give her a home.

Squidgy - Netherland dwarf, very tiny. He weighs just over a kilo.

reading.jpg

Bobby - he's a lop, but I'm not sure what type. He's quite large.

rubybobby.jpg

Ruby - Belgian Hare cross. Beautiful.

trio.jpg

I would recommend looking on Rabbit Rehome, of on the Rabbits in Need section on here, as one of the bunnies will really stand out to you, be it their story or how they look.

1stattempt075.jpg

This is sooty.. he is a 3mth old lionhead bun..( wel in this pic he was around 2mths I think, maybe a bit more)

Have you had a look at the Picture & Stories section as there is loads of pictures of bunnies there

Mia and Mea are Squidgy clones, Netherland dwarfs. They are two spayed one and a bit year old sisters. I found them on RabbitRehome website as well, so I second your advice HS! I have always had a soft spot for the slightly smaller buns, so they are perfect for me. But then other people have a big bunny preference and some people I know like Rexes. As HS said have a look on the RR site and see what stands out to you. I didn't rush into getting my two, it took about a month, but I knew I'd found my perfect match in Mia and Mea. They are great :D
Nicola x

Buns.jpg

Sorry Helen, I did know that was your name, just didn't want to get it wrong :oops:
I think we have very good taste in bunnies!!!
Nicola x

Well if we're going for Squidgy lookalikes, here's Santa (and Dudley):

42bcc5f7.jpg

I agree on the personality thing, all of mine are very different personalities. If you take some time out not only to decide which bunnies you "connect" with by their looks, but also by the personalities, you will end up with a much happier match :D

:D :D :D :D :D
Uh oh, must run, buns have turned the litter tray upside down, lots of choc drops on the carpet. Love to Mr Squidge!
Nicola x

The BIBs are going to be overrun with black nethies! Of course, they do make the very best agents..... :wink: :D

I already have one BIB. Agents Harry and Santa are going to have to go deep undercover to prevent their partners from knowing that they are part of the same squad.

Here are my two
simbanalasept.jpg

They are lionhead rabbits altho not perfect as they shouldnt be so fluffy!! :roll: They have fantastic characters.. Simba is very outgoing and funny and likes to be stroked, he is the white one and weighs about 1.4kg. He needs alot of grooming to prevent him getting knotted up. Nala is the darker one and she is very shy altho still fun to watch and weighs about 1.7kg.
Id definitely agree with either looking through rabbit rehome or going to a local rescue centre and see what rabbit catches your eye.

Hi

all my bunnies are from rescues and apart from Aggie (ginger bunny) they are all just cross breeds.

Here is Twinkle - she hates other bunnies but is very snuggly and loves being carried about like a baby :D She is also a BIb and would like to remind everyone that little lopppy buns with grumpy faces make the best agents :wink:
twinks1.jpg

This lot are Blubelle (black and white), Mash (black bun) and Aggie (ginger bunny). Bluebelle is quite shy and is a cross - Mash is almost 9 years old and is a cheeky monkey - he loves adventures and will climb anything and everything and Aggie is the only pedigree bun - she is a german lop and was a show bunny that was dumped. She loves other bunnies :D
trio2.jpg

All my bunnies have totally different characters and I got each of them cause they needed a new home. I can honestly say that their looks etc never came into it. Aggie and MAsh had been in rescue for ages (mash for 3 and a half years) and Bluebelle had had a rotten start in life. Twinkle was dumped and attacked by a dog before I got her. :shock:

if I were you I would visit your local rescues and spend time with the bunnies there and you will find that one takes your eye.

lol Pam

This is Charlie bun, apparently he's a blue otter mini dwarf lop - he was unwanted by a breeder.
buns010.jpg

charliegreybits.jpg

This is Lavender, she was from a rescue and was dscribed as a medium lop cross, I think she's a cross between some sort of large ish english lop and a dutch maybe - if her markings are anything to go by, but really I'm guessing.
image_july05005.jpg

PeasBday_Oct05052.jpg

HS: I think he's been looking at shelters, but as he's from east coast US, he might be too far from the UK to adopt any of the buns from Rabit Rehome. :lol:

At any rate, my little Skittles is a Netherland Dwarf mix. His ears are bigger than a regular netherland drawf.

67b814c1.jpg

f85bbd06f4be.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Don't mind the mess. He likes going over in the corner with my junk. :roll: luckily, my room is almost completely cleaned and rabbit-proofed, and tonight he'll be able to explore to his heart's content.

BTW, if you want an idea of different breeds, try this link

Oh, he's from the U.S also? Try www.petfinder.com :D

Just like rabbitrehome here, but for all pets!! Just type in what your looking for and where you are located, and you will find just the bun foe you!! Located my Daisy through petfinder :wink:

xxx

Charliesangel said:
Oh, he's from the U.S also? Try www.petfinder.com :D

Just like rabbitrehome here, but for all pets!! Just type in what your looking for and where you are located, and you will find just the bun foe you!! Located my Daisy through petfinder :wink:

xxx

Thanks, I totally forgot about them! Not that I could find anything within 30 miles of me... :roll: And since I don't own a car, that's a big deal.

Back