• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Alfie's back!!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
sorry for the multiple posts but got back from the vets and Alfie seems ok with his funnel thing on. he is tucking in to some veg. His little ears are up because of the funnel they cannot flop.

He has also been trying to groom himself and obviously cant which looked frustrating.

Am taking him back to vet on thurs for check up and then stitches out Tuesay. He has had pain relief too but seems ok in himself! quite perky..

i will have to get some pic's of him...

shall i keep him in all week or maybe the ay after tomorrow take the stairs away from his hutch outside an let him have the ownstairs an the run??

thanks everyone

bonnie

PS vet only charged for £40mfor antibiotics!! should have been three times as much as that

Glad Alfie is back safe and sound!

I would keep him in until his collar comes off. Because of the position of their eyes, bunnies can look all around for predators, which he won't be able to do with his collar on. He may feel much more vulnerable and insecure outside.

If he's going to go back outside next week, try and keep your house a bit cooler than normal, especially the room that he is in. There is a risk that if he stays too warm, he will then really feel the cold when he goes back outside, especially if he has started to moult to adjust (don't know how quickly this happens though, it may not be something you need worry about).

that is a good point Alison re the predetors...

I might keep him in the bathroom with the door open to his cage but i think his funnel might get stuck!

i think tomorrow i will keep him in his cage, its 4 foot by 2 foot..not very big but big enough. Thur my mum is coming over, Fri my bro is coming over to keep an eye on him and then its the weekend!!

feel really sorry for him

bonnie

i'm really happy that he is now home safely with you and its good news to hear that you have managed to sort out some alfie sitters too!

i hope he feels much better soon but its good to know that he is all good and perky.

oh and btw, it was good to hear that the vet didnt charge as much as you were fearing!

great news once again and i'm glad to hear he is back home with his mum.

Glad to hear Alfie is back home. It won't be long now before he can have a friend and you will then know it has been all worthwhile.

Give Alfie a big hug from us all.

Janice

Glad Alfie is home :) Poor little sausage - my dog had one of those collars on once and bashed our legs to pieces - least you wont have that (or will you??!!)
Its hard to watch them when you know theyre not happy with something and you cant explain to them whats going on but he'll be better soon and will forget very quicklyxx :)

Thanks for all of your good wishes!

Unfortunately there is no Alfie Sitter today so he will be locked in his cage all day (i feel so guilty) but it by the back door and can see out in to the garden! have sitter's tomorrow and friday.

I woke up at 2.30am and let him out for an hour and then he was out from 6.00-8.00 this morning.

he has been running rings around me and still seems really perky.

he hadn't done a wee for ages and then decided to wee on me & i let him!!! that is love for you :D as he can't eat his own poos and should be i have been collecting them and he has been eating them from my hand! gross!

His nose has been pretty snotty as well and he can't wipe it so i have been doing it for him.

f its not raining i am going to let him have a run outside tonight - i much prefer it when he is in the fresh air!

Thanks all

Bonnie x

What a spoilt bunny! Bless him - glad he's back home with you. At least he's only going to be locked up for a few hours - I can't imagine how anyone could shut their rabbit in a cage permanently. :(
Give hima snuggle from me.

thats total devotion!

what a great mum you are and i'm sure he is just loving all the attention.

i'll bet you are itching to get home to see him!

be well alfie!

Thanks Desdi and HS - Glad you both think im doing an ok job with him!!!

yep and desperate to get home and see him but won't be till 5.45 :(

Looking forward to this time next week where he will have no stitches and no collar!! he will be blinkying all over the place!

You're defo a crazy bunny mum Bonnie :lol: :lol: :lol:
But did I just hear you promise more Alfie pics in the near future????

Back