• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hammy peanut :)

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Most of you dont know, but I've have a Hamster named Peanut :)
He is 4 years old :shock:. Very old for hammies!
I haven't mentioned him much because he doesn't like to be held at all, and I cant really interact with him. The otherday I felt bad that I wasn't paying much attention to the poor old guy so I took him out for piccies!!

Look how white he has gotten :shock: , he was all gray and black

LeahsAnimals062.jpg

LeahsAnimals060.jpg

LeahsAnimals58.jpg

isn't he cute?

xxx

Exactly!! He is very old, and has developed a few health problems, but the vet says he still has a quality of life! His hobbies are digging, digging, eating, and digging. Oh, and biting me :roll:

xxx

He looks just like my Slinky, just a little more grey! :lol: I feel sad, tho, 'cause I recently found a tumor on poor little Slinky. Luckily, he isn't in pain.

Aaaaw - Peanut is gorgeous - a very distinguished old hammy-man :love: :love:
You may not be able to handle him much, but you must be doing something right, for him to be FOUR years old :D :D :D

hi

4!!!! :shock: Didn't know hammies lived that long...unless your blood is the elixir of life?? :?

Congrats on the world's longest lived hamster - and he's a beauty too - never seen a lovely grey one like that :D

I used to have a hamster called peanut, he was named so as he was born in one of my litters and when he was first born, he looked like a monkey nut... hence the name peanut. He was a little gem! Give your hammy a snuggle from me, he's lovely :D

Rexy bexy said:
awwwwww lovely
i love hammies i had once that lived that old
is he a winter white???

Nope :D Siberian Dwarf (common breed in the U.S). He was never white like that, just came with the age :wink:

Thanks for all of the lovely comments! I always felt like I wasn't giving him the "best" life because I was never able to take him out, but now I've realized that he has lived this long, everything must be ok!

I wonder how old the oldest hammy is :?: Haved looked it up in the Guiness book of world records but no one has recorded it :?

Thanks again xxxx

Back