• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Quick check on recovery times for neutering

Evilmonkey

New Kit
After a fairly consistant answer that neutering should stop Warren spraying I'm taking the plunge and he's booked in for wednesday. Just had a thought though, will he be ok to travel in 2 weeks (we're off to the inlaws and it'll be a 3-4 hour trip)?

Also has anyone heard anything good \ bad about sidcup vets? I got there number off the link on the helpful hints sticky thread, so I'm hoping for good things....

I am only a bunny owner but Jacob was neutered a few months after I first had him, maybe 2/3 years ago. Jacob had to stay overnight at the vets as it turned out that one testicle hadn't emerged so it was really good that he was neutered as this could have caused problems apparently and we would never have known. When he came home he was as sprightly as ever, I had to turn my furniture upsoide doen to stop him jumping on it and block off the stairs. he handled it very well and had to travel a good half hour or so to and from the vets as he is an RSPCA bunny and they paid so had to be their vets.
In my experience it troubled my bunny very little but you may just have to see how he is.

Males get over there ops very quickly he should be back to normal about 24 hrs after the op, the wounds are very small and will heal very quickly. He should be more than ok after two weeks to travel. :D. Is it park vets? if so its just there costly compared to others. val

Thanks guys for the info, it sounds like Warren should be fine for his Xmas trip!

Val, I don't think they are park vets, for some reason they didn't come up the 1st time I searched the RCVS site. It's a place just called Sidcup Vetinary centre. I probably would have gone for park as they have a fancy acreditation and a big old website... Still W's booked in with SV now. They sounded fairly good, using invisible self melting (don't know the technical term) stiches which I saw one person advise to ask for....

Thanks

Back