• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing an outdoor rabbit in?

Quinn

Mama Doe
My friend may be asking me to look after her rabbit while she goes away this christmas and she wants to bring her round in an indoor cage as the hutch is huge and would be a nightmare to bring round, we dont have a shed or anything just the one hutch with quinn in, so looks like her rabbit may well be inside... would this be ok? does she need a period to get used to it etc?

She should be ok, I bring my outdoor bunnies in. keep her in the coolest part of your house and keep the heating on low, as dramatic changes in temperature can be dangerous.

think the only problem might be when the bunny moves back outside again especially if the weather's really cold by then!!! I've had the same problems with 2 bunny's that came into my care a month ago, they were outside bunnys but have been inside a month after being clipped and now they don't have their thick winter coats I can't really leave them out overnight!!!

I guess it depends on how long she's away for?

its only a week so i think she should be ok our heating is half broken anyway so its often cold inside

Back