• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Darling Oscar the Brave

Jaypot

Mama Doe
On Friday 2nd December 2005 our beloved Oscar left us to go to the Bridge :cry: :cry: :cry: He joined his beloved Jinxy there - and took our hearts with him :cry: :cry: :cry:
We had the joy of having Oscar live with us for nearly three years - just 7 weeks short of 3 years and in all that time we know that he was a happy boy.
We first got Oscar when we rescued him and some others from a terrible place - the conditions where attrocious and how any of the buns survived we will never know :( :(
Oscar had terrible teeth problems, his front lower teeth where nearly up his nose and his front top ones had curled and where growing into the soft pallet :cry: :cry: :cry: He had bite marks all over him and he had two abscesses in his groin - the very first abscesses we had ever seen and had to deal with - it horrified us to see such a lovely bun in such a terrible way :cry: :cry: :cry: Oscar was also Ec positive and had jaw abscesses as well.
How our darling boy could be so happy we do not know - he had operations on his teeth and we treated the abscesses at home - he taught us so much. He loved playing and when he was out in the garden it was like he had problems with his legs 'cos they wouldn't stay on the ground, he was always in the air doing binkies - such a happy contented boy - such a wonderful character and so very loving and trusting.
Oscar bonded with Jinxy and the pair where inseperable - love knew no boundaries with them two. When Jinxy was very ill Oscar looked after her with such devotion that is was so humbling an experience - we thought that when we lost our Sweetheart Jinxy that Oscar would go into a decline, but he battled on and bonded with his mum instead.
I only had to call "Oscar, time for your medies" and he would jump into my arms and turn himself over to be nursed - oh that boy made my heart stop with pure joy and love.
Last Sunday I was nursing you and found that your back legs where very swollen - you had so much fluid around them. This past week you had been backwards and forwards to the vets, you even had to stay in on Tuesday as your blood pressure was very low and they couldn't get bloods off you :( You pulled the drip out and they only managed to get a slide of your blood - it showed that you where in acute renal failure and that your time was very limited :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We just nursed you all the time - that is all you wanted, to be cradled in our arms and to sleep - you couldn't get comfy any other way so to hold you and let you sleep was the only thing we could do for you :cry: :cry:
We tried to get you to eat - you couldn't do anything in the end and on Friday after me nursing you all night, you had to go to see Sally. She said that it was time as you where totally unaware of anything around you by then and that the next stage would be to have siezures- you where being poisened our darling boy - we couldn't allow that to happen to you - you didn't deserve any of what you had gone through - all you wanted to do was love and be loved :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We know that you are with your darling Jinxy now - we know that you have no pain, no illnesses and no fear of being ill again. You are whole and healthy, you are with your beloved and in the blink of any eye we will be with you again. I promise you my sweet brave boy, I will love you forever and will never forget you.
We all miss you so much darling Oscar - have fun in the lush grass and the eternal sunshine. Binky forever now with your lovely twirling tail - snuggle your Jinxy and never be afraid again. We love you baby boy - we always have and we always will.
See you soon darling - tell the rest of the Bridge Hairy Mob that we love them always. We love you Oscar - xxxxxxxxxxxx
Love from Mummy, Daddy and all your brothers and sisters of the Hairy Mob - xxxxxxxx

This first picture shows Oscars teeth the day that we got him :cry:
oscar04.jpg

[/img]This is our lovely Oscar the Brave
oscar003.jpg

[/img]Oscar cleaning his foot
Oscar25408.jpg

[/img]Oscar with his beloved Jinxy
OscarandJinxy04041.jpg
[/img]

:cry: They are beutiful bunnies Jay :(

Our thoughts are with you and John and the other rescue bunnies

Laura & Sophie xxxx

Jay and John I am so sorry that you have had to let Oscar pass over The Bridge. He will take with him all the love you gave. Go find your Jinxy Oscar, 'til we all meet again. Jane and Bunsxx

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dear Jay and John, a brave boy who made you so proud, off to the bridge with a heart full of love and a body free of pain. We can't take away your pain but we can send you our love and our strentgh and tell you that we are here to support, listen and love. Take care xx

Oscar, wow the bridge bunnies sure are lucky to have such a brave and determined boy coming to stay, take with you the love of your mum and dad, it will keep you safe always. Enjoy the lazy days at the bridge, the sun on your face, the grass under your feet, reunited with jinxy two soulmates joined once more for always. Watch over mum and dad, they will need your guidance and strentgh.Rest easy oscar, safe and warm and whole again xx

Jay and John

What a wonderful little guy Oscar was, he had 3 lovely years with you and had a happy life like he never thought was possible in his early days. All that suffering, yet he turned into the most loving and brave bunny.

Sending you hugs

Sue

Jay and John, my thoughts (and tears) are with you.

Oscar - no more being poorly, go find your lovely Jinxy and binky free together always.

They are both very beautiful. I'm sure Jinxy found little Oscar right away, and they are together at last.

*lots of hugs and 'feel better' vibes*

xxxx

Oscar is so beautiful Jay and so brave. He must have had such a great time with you and John ..... so much loving. Now binkying free and snuggling and playing with all our babies at the Bridge.

i68391266_74948.gif

Again and again the wee souls are taken from us. Each with a story to tell and the luckiest buns of all get their story told by you. Binky free wee one with friends to meet again and new friends to make.

Sorry I am late agaibn here.

Run free little man , together again with your beloved Jinxy.
Bnky both together and be saure to tell the other Buns and animals about your Mum and Dad, Scoot and the Hairy Mob too.

Thinking if you Jay and John.

Back