• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The eternal flame / remembering out loved ones

gina paul

Mama Doe
Lizzie had a great idea that we should all light a candle at new year to remember our fur babies and loved ones whom we have lost in 2005 and even before that .
Christmas and new year is a joyous time but also a time of reflection when you go over the past and miss departed ones , animals and humans alike even more than usual .
I would like to start this by saying that I not only light a candle for my precious darling cheekybun , the light of my life whom I miss dreadfully :( , but also for my first ever bunny chico who died in 1999 , I light it for my last dog monty who died 14 years ago .. both gone so long from my life but not from my heart . I also dedicate it to my granny , "miss you" and to all jay and john,s precious babies , mark and shells , adeles , lizzies harriet and charlie and every one else,s bunnies and much loved dogs , cats , hamsters , piggies etc who have left us this year and beyond .
If we all light a candle on new years eve and dedicate this to our loved ones then it would be a wonderful way to remember them . :)

Oh that is such a wonderful idea. I have lost SO MANY buns and my dear Gemma (Border Collie-X) and 'til I found RU I had always just mourned them alone. But to think that many others will be lighting a candle for all their lost loves, both two-foot and four, is so comforting. Yesterday I lost my 32 year old step-brother, Matt, in an RTA. Although I had only known of his existence for 11 months it will be helpful to have a way to show my respects to a half-brother I never Knew. Lighting a candle is so appropriate. Jane and Bunsxx

How lovely, can't think of a better way to remember our beautiful babies and bunnies will light a candle for Connor, Ethan, Grace, Charlie, Bonnie and Cleo and for every one and every bun that has gone over to a better and more peaceful place xxx

Oh Gina, and everyone.... :cry: We will meet them again won't we? It will be a lovely idea to make our dedications and all light our candles for those who have travelled on to wait for us. I always think of a quote from Macbeth, yes I do realise I am a boring old ****, when life is endangered or extinguished and it is this (what Macbeth says when Duncan has died although he has murdered him!!!) "All is but toys, the mere lees of life is left this vault to brag of". My interpretation of that is that the trivial things of life don't matter, what you look like what you wear etc. everything is transient and unimportant because someone you love dearly and hold in high esteem has gone, thus there is only the dregs left "to brag of". I hope I am making sense, it is a personal thought but I thought it when my Dad died, IMMEDIATELY, and when Charlie died and when Harriet died. Their eternal flame has to be living on somewhere doesn't it, that love cannot die, it is too strong to die.

I have always said in my mind (for years now and I don't know why) - "The flame may be gone but the fire still burns" - I suppose in my own way I view the ending of something earthly like that.

'Who believes that equal grace God extends in every place, Little difference he scans 'twixt a Rabbit's God and man's.' Francis Bret Harte (1836-1902) American Writer. A quote I will have in mind as I light my candle.....Jane and Bunsxx

This is such a lovely idea Gina - I havent lost any pets this year but Molly dog is starting to deteriorate, I fear, and dont know how much longer we will have with her, so some of the thoughts Ive read here are very comfortingxx
I will think of everyone who is sad for their loss when I light my candle.

i shall light a candle for thumper my first bun who passed 6 years ago and for holly my mums dog who died this year

and for my son alex and my dad

Thats such a lovely idea Gina XX I think i will just light one huge Candle! and a little one for my beloved Jay (dog) Who had to be PTS in February 2003 he was 13 and i had had him since i was 8 i loved him and i still miss him terribly X And then all my bunny's Thumper, Meg, Toffee, Holly, Gus, Duff, Patch, Spot, George, April, poppet, Lilly, Agi, Velvet, Ivy and Apple XX I love you all and miss you all XXXXX

Back