• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my poor bunny

inka dinka doo

Alpha Buck
hello guys i need some advise bit quick actually
My french lop as been living inside for a couple of weeks now he has been hopping about getting used to his new hutch and today i notice he was laying down alot so i checked him and he looked fine but when i put him back he was limping on his back leg, he has had a lot of health probs since he was tiny (which he apparently got inheriently) but i have looked at his leg and its not broken i rang my local vet who was unavailiable so i need some help as to what might be wrong with my poor babys leg?
please help my poor dangermouse

how do u kow its not broken? my bunny (giant) was dragging his back leg after further inpection via vet and xrays it trns out he has hip dysplaysia (broken hip) most commently found in dogs and arthritus.

hope its not this! :cry:

Untill you can get to the vet its best to cage rest him so he carnt do any more damage to his leg. Hers hoping hes only sprained it. val

thank you guys, i had a rabbit once who broke her leg as a result of a girl badly handling her and from the feel of the leg it doesnt feel floppy or out of place i hope he has just sprained it but i am going to make an appointment monday and fingers crossed its not bad

today he seems to be very slow and limp and really doesnt want to move and looks to be getting worse im getting more worried as last night about 3am he seemed to be a bit brighter, the vet couldnt see him as he was full with emergencys being sunday, he wont even eat a carroy which is his fave and i am feeding him water which he will only take from me do u think he may have a bug?

hi

He needs a vet - if your vet doesn't think rabbits are as important as cats and dogs emergencies, then you need to find a better vet! Hope he's OK :(

thank you all

i have just returned home from work and he is now dragging his hold behind and i picked him up and it looks like he has been sitting in his own wee as he is all wet

im so worried about my poor baby he is like my child! :? :(

As the others have said, your bunny needs a vet IMMEDIATELY. Please take him to one - that is your responsibility.
If your usual vet cannot see him now, call a different one.

dangermouse is now at the vets he went at 9am this morning and has been kept in, apparently its a reaccurance of his brain infection he had as a baby he was 9 weeks when i got him and he had it already but he didnt show signs and after 3 days i was told he wouldnt live he is now 20 months and it has returned so he is being kept in and given sheep wormer which apparently is best thing, i am very upset at the fact the vet couldnt see him over the weekend i shall make a complaint!

Awwww bless, I hope he's ok. Yep I would complain if I was you, that is terrible.

some very sad news guys after all the vets attempts he has passed away he did indeed have a infection that affected his brain like he did as a baby, they said anything could of triggered it and they have appologised that they couldnt see him over the weekend but apparently there was an influx of sick animals!
isnt that what they are there for! im angry but at the same time im so sad i feel i have lost my baby and it shouldnt of happened
Thank you all for your support, i will be holding a small bunny funeral tomorrow xxxxx his girlfriend inka dinka doo (my black cashmere) will attend :cry:

inka dinka doo said:
some very sad news guys after all the vets attempts he has passed away he did indeed have a infection that affected his brain like he did as a baby, they said anything could of triggered it and they have appologised that they couldnt see him over the weekend but apparently there was an influx of sick animals!
isnt that what they are there for! im angry but at the same time im so sad i feel i have lost my baby and it shouldnt of happened
Thank you all for your support, i will be holding a small bunny funeral tomorrow xxxxx his girlfriend inka dinka doo (my black cashmere) will attend :cry:

Oh I am sorry, how terrible for you :cry: . Binky free little one.

only just caught this thread.
so sorry to hear about your poor bun. :cry:
lost one of ours last night and im angry with my vet too. :evil:

sleep tight little bunny
Angie

Try not to get too angry at your vet. It is terribly sad that you have lost your rabbit, I know we all have those that are precious to us, but sometimes these things can't be avoided.

Animals don't get ill in an even spread, sometimes it is very quiet at a practice and other times it is hard for staff to cope. I know from experience that sometimes a practice can get so busy that there are not enough people and there isn't enough space for any more animals. I wish that these things were avoidable, but life is very unfair.

Back