• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hamster, Manny

My mini man had to be put to sleep this morning one week after being diagnosed with a liver tumour.
He was the first of my babies and I got him just a few weeks after moving out of my parent's and into a flat on my own.
I don't think I could have managed those first few months by myself without him and his antics to keep me company.
I still remember the day I got him. He was so small. He was put in the usual cardboard box which we then put inside a burrow basement from an old rotastak cage. It was a good thing too as he'd chewed his way out of the box before we'd even got on the bus home.
He only bit one person in his whole life and that was when a seven year old visitor stuck her finger through the bars and into his nest whilst he was sleeping which was a totally understandable reaction, I don't like being woken up either.
He made it to 27 months which was a great age, I wish he could have just gone peacefully of old age but at least he isn't in any pain anymore.
I love you Manny and will miss you so much.

This is one of my favourite pictures of him, it was taken just a month or two after I got him:
Manny.jpg

Manny
2nd September 2003 - 3rd December 2005

Awww, You are fully healed now Manny. Once over 'The Bridge' all pain and illness disappears. There will be lots of fun Hamster things for you to do...I'm sure you'll find a nice squeaky wheel to run on to wake every-one up at 2am!! I know wee Hamsters tend to prefer their own company than that of other Hammies but you never know there might just be a lady Hamster who catches your eye. Have fun Manny Hamster. Jane and Bunsxx

I'm hoping he's found my family's 3 old hammies: Rosie, Chuckie and Dylan.
Hope he's found mine too. Sugar, Cosmo, Zoe, & Pumpkin please look after little Manny.

Awww, I am so sorry. Manny looked like a sweet little thing, full of spirit and life. He did live to a good old age, and he was lucky to be with you that long.

Scurry free manny xxxxx

p.s- His eye colour was lovely, he was simply gorgeous.

Awww so sorry, Bee. Little Manny isn't suffering any more though and he had a lovely life with you for those 27 months. xxx

I'm sure my little Loppy will be more than happy to show him around and explain all the fun he can have over the bridge..... He'll be the one eating anything rubber.......

Run free little Manny xx

What a gorgeous little hamster! So sorry you lost him, but I'm sure he had a great life with you. I hope he has made friends with my Angus, who I lost earlier this year. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly, cute and lovable hamster. I miss him so much.
hamster2.jpg

Keep thinking of the good times.
Love nicola x

Nicola C said:
What a gorgeous little hamster! So sorry you lost him, but I'm sure he had a great life with you. I hope he has made friends with my Angus, who I lost earlier this year. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly, cute and lovable hamster. I miss him so much.
hamster2.jpg

Keep thinking of the good times.
Love nicola x

Aww, Angus was beautiful! Sorry he had to go too.

ahh, bless his little heart. My hammy Schmee (real name Bert ) entertained me so much when i first got my own home. I too was so sad when he passed :cry:

the pain will get better, just remember the good times :)

Back