• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wokky.... my little angel

racheyrabbit

Alpha Buck
Wokky isn't a new addition to the 'bridge bunnies' - in fact she's been there a few months now, but its only now that I feel that I can write this.

Wokky was our first bunny. My O/H has chosen the name, and we went in search of a bunny that fitted.... eventually we found her in a garden centre. When we asked about her the lady picked her up and handed her to my O/H and said 'go to your new daddy'... she knew we were already smitten! She was so tiny and pretty much fitted into the palm of his hand! She came home with us that afternoon and settled in nicely into her large hutch and run. At that point she was definitely to be an outside bun!

Well, that lasted a month or two, with her frequent visits indoors thanks to a run that extended around the kitchen door so that she could come and go as she choose. But, once the cold set in she was a complete free range house bunny....only setting foot outside during the day.

She was naughty, cheeky and destructive, but always able to win my over with a big lick on the nose or a cute kick of the heels as she ran to her litter tray. My O/H was always upset that she never licked him, but she did love him as I often found them cuddled up on the sofa together.
She was petrified of our hamster, Loopy, although I'm sure they're good friends now they're both other the bridge.

We missed her terribly when we went on holiday for a few days, and we knew that it was going to be so difficult when we went to the USA for 3 weeks on our big 'got to do it now before my O/H becomes a teacher' holiday in June. She stayed at my O/H's parent's house and had a fantastic time - playing on the grass and trying to get to all the plants in the garden. We missed her terribly and 'talked' to her everyday we were away.....

When we came back home we noticed she was missing her litter tray occassionally, but we put it down to the 'move'. It got better, and then a a month or so down the line it started again, and one night before we'd had chance to take her to the vets she had difficulty breathing. One minute she was begging for a piece of dried fruit, and the next she couldn't breathe. We rushed her to the vets and he said she had pneumonia and probably wouldn't last the night. Well, she didn't, but we were both with her all night, and she died in our arms. She was only 3 :(

We miss her terribly, and we swore we wouldn't ever have another pet because it was too painful. But, the house just wasn't right without the sound of bunny paws padding up the stairs, so we gave in and adopted Kahlo. We agreed that we wouldn't have a baby bunny again... Wokky would always be our baby girl......

Here's one of the cutest piccies of her....

Wokkywithbigears.jpg

Wokky has given you both a great gift....how to give care and love to a bunny. She will be so proud of her 'two-foot' parents as she watches from over The Bridge as you look after wee Kahlo. Wokky will always be your special baby bun and the fact that you feel able to adobt another rabbit is a fitting tribute to a much loved bun. She wont forget you either and will have lots of company from all our 'Bridge Bunnies'. Jane and Bunsxx

JCO said:
Wokky has given you both a great gift....how to give care and love to a bunny. She will be so proud of her 'two-foot' parents as she watches from over The Bridge as you look after wee Kahlo. Wokky will always be your special baby bun and the fact that you feel able to adobt another rabbit is a fitting tribute to a much loved bun. She wont forget you either and will have lots of company from all our 'Bridge Bunnies'. Jane and Bunsxx

Beautifully put Jane - cant add anything morexx

She's so beautiful, and what a lovely tribute to her.
Binky free Wokky.

Binky free little Wokky.

Racheyrabbit, you and your O/H gave her such a loving home.
She will continue to love you and watch over you together with Loppy as you look after little Kahlo.
She and Loppy would not want you to be lonely.
She and Loppy know you have loads of love in your heart for a new little Bunny.

So, run free little Wokky together with Loppy.
Enjoy the Bridge.

time heals, but we never forget. Such fond memories we are left with of those we have loved and lost

always in our thoughts, forever in our hearts

run free little Wokky bun xxxxxxx

Back