• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

new rabbit owner, finally!

babylops

Young Bun
hello,

ive been here a couple of time before, asking questions about rabbit care and such. well we picked them up this morning and found out that they were probably two girls. we are going to bring them into the vet for an check up to make sure. the breeder said that strangeley the two we were getting would play togeter and go on the platform she has in the cage together. it surprised me since there were about about 6 bunnies in the litter. we left them for a couple of hours to get used to their new cage and then we handled and played with them for large abouts of time... just couldnt get enough of them. they carried around the measuring spoons we bought them. the black one is a bit harder to get from the cage but nothing to worry about. they had a side door in the breeders cage and mabey thats why her wont come... we have a top door and half of the side wall flips down. im not sure if their peeing in the litter box. the poo is every where but i keep putting it into the box. i found that after an hour or so whenb i picked up the little house they can go into in the cage ( it has a piece of wood under the house) there was pee and poo all over it. so i put all that stuff in the litter box and since then i havent seen any pee so i can only hope for the best. ill post pictures tomorow.

sorry for telling you guys my life story!

PS how come these bunnies wont go into a transe. they hate being on thir back. it is just something they have to get used to. just seems strange becuase i have goten the meanest bunny to go into a transe and mine just wont...
i would need ot turn them over to brush them and clean their bottom. here is pictures of them first page is new pictures and second with them with mom still. http://photobucket.com/albums/a59/babylops/

ps they are now 8 weeks and 2 days

congratulations on your new additions to the family. They now have a whole lot of new things to contend with (and the litter training is one) so I'd take it slowly so as not to overwhelm them. I don't think there's any great rush to put them in a trance - I've had one of mine nearly 4 years, he's never been in a trance and has the cleanest bunny butt and underside :D gentle handling, getting them to trust and like you would be the first thing on my list (along with the litter training). Enjoy!

Hiya :D So you're a bunny mommy at last!! Glad you are going to get their gender determined before they get much older as if you have one of each (buck and doe) your bunny family could grow very fast!! :shock: :shock: I would just say that personally I do not agree with trancing bunnies. Recent research indicates that rather than putting bun into a state of pleasure it actually puts them in to a state of TERROR. Bun then 'plays dead' in the hope that he/she can fool the 'captor' into letting bun go thus allowing bun to escape. When a bun is attacked by a predator in the wild the bun will often go all floppy in the predators mouth...playing dead again.....the predator then drops the bun who can ,hopefully escape. However, many people disagree with this theory I am just saying that my personal opinion is that it is wrong to trance a rabbit. Hope your babies settle into their new home. You'll soon start learning what mischief bunsters can get up to!! :lol: :lol: Jane and Bunsxx

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of bunnies.
We are all here to share your highs and lows.
Love
Kayx

Hi. I recently read that u shouldnt try to transe buns, cant member the reason but it said somthing along the lines in that new studies have show that it causes unseen destress etc :?

Back