• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In his hay tray too!!!

jayned

Young Bun
Tommy has just moved into his own shed :D (pics tomorrow) and I put in his litter tray (with some poops in it !) and also a little tray of hay.

He's not used his litter tray, but he's peed & pooped in his hay tray :roll:

why'd he do that then?? Is it because he's in a new house?

Re: hi

elve said:
you are supposed to put the hay in the litter tray - they eat and poop at the same time :D

No??!!! do they? :oops:

but he peed in it too...there was loads of wee in the bottom of the tray! :?

Ah well

Yup mine have done that before too. I have since found a little seagrass storage box to put the hay in so they dont sit in it, and put it next to the litter tray so they can still eat and poop! Alternatively u could put the hayin a hayrack above/beside the litter tray

Diddeen said:
Yup mine have done that before too. I have since found a little seagrass storage box to put the hay in so they dont sit in it, and put it next to the litter tray so they can still eat and poop! Alternatively u could put the hayin a hayrack above/beside the litter tray

well I have put some fresh hay on the floor next to his littler tray for the moment. I have bougt him a hay rack which will be put up in the morning :)

Mine have got large cat litter trays, that way I can put their hay on one side and they tend to wee on the other.

They always do that :roll: Luckily they usually wee in one corner of the tray and eat from the other side.

I have given mine a large tray with newspaper at the bottom to soak up wee and hay on top. They tend to poo at the back and eat from the front.

Back