• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to all who have lost

gina paul

Mama Doe
to each and everyone of you on this forum who have lost a much loved bunny/cat/dog ... etc ...
I don,t get on much lately but my heart always sinks when I see that others have left us and I feel your pain . I want each of you to know that I send you all the comfort in the world at such a hard time . The void that a precious animal leaves is intense and the pain is terrible , I know that only to well. However I do believe that they all go to a better place where they wait patiently for us to join them , this brings me comfort and I hope it brings everyone comfort here . . xxxx

Oh Gina, that is a lovely thought.....I get these funny moments from time to time when suddenly something will quite literally "jerk" Harriet into my thoughts and sometimes it makes me feel very very sad. I had one just now when I was driving to Cheltenham, past the station, and it reminded me of going to collect some friends in November last year - Harriet jumped a bit quickly out of the car and was in pain on her remaining back leg.....really, it was the first sign that the cancer had spread there. I still miss my angel so much. :cry:

lizzie ,

i know what you mean. sometimes reality just hits and you suddenly feel like crying again . I was wrapping christmas presents the other night and as usual I buy for all the animals . It felt weird not writing cheekybuns name on his presents . I still have his little xmas stocking that has his name on it as well :( . I still miss him terribly :(

gina paul said:
lizzie ,

i know what you mean. sometimes reality just hits and you suddenly feel like crying again . I was wrapping christmas presents the other night and as usual I buy for all the animals . It felt weird not writing cheekybuns name on his presents . I still have his little xmas stocking that has his name on it as well :( . I still miss him terribly :(
Awwww, could you perhaps buy a special little silk flower arrangement or something like that to commemorate Cheeky at Christmas time. Some people find they dont want real flowers/plants as memorials as they dont want to see the flowers/plant die. So with the little silk arrangements you will know that you are buying it in memory of Cheeky and it will last forever. Big hugs to you. Jane and Bunsxx

Aaw Gina - a lovely thought - I miss my Sammy dog so much and like Lizzie says about Harriet, he comes wizzing into my thoughts quite often and I know hes saying 'come on mum cheer up and chuck the ball' as if he were sitting right in front of me :( :D

i,m going to buy a little candle that I will burn on christmas day for my cheekybun . I,ll be worse at new year tho as when I lost my last bunny just before the millenium I totally broke my heart just after the bells as it felt like he was being forgotten as he had died "last year" and it was a new year , a new beginning without him and that broke my heart . I think alot of you will see what I,m saying but its hard to put into words . I,ll be the same this year come the bells , all i,ll be thinking about is my darling cheekybun :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel for all of you that have lost your precious babies this year :cry:

Gina I think burning a candle will be lovely... don't worry, Cheeky will still be having some peas with you on xmas day xxxxx

That's a great idea Gina, think I will get a special candle too and remember all the babies who have gone this year - Cheeky Bun, all the Ebony Eyes residents, Shanel's crew and my sweet angel, Harriet. Maybe you could start a thread, being as all this was your idea, to ask people to put a little dedication to the ones they have lost this year and we could all think of each of them at New Year's Eve/Day with our candles. It would be a lovely idea. :wink:

That is an excellent idea lizzie.

I will light one of New Years Eve. That for me is a sadder time than Christmas.

Even though I do not have a Bunny myself, I feel for each and everyone of you here.

Just the thought of possibly losing my Callie cat has me in floods of tears.
And that is just at the thought.

After the event I do not know how I would be.

All I know how I felt after I had to put my lovely Samantha dog to sleep.
It is so devastating to lose a member of your family.
And that is waht they are.
And they were not just another animal, they were a persons precious little baby.

good idea lizzie .

I think it would be more poignant for us all to light a candle at new year , be it new years eve or new years day for our babies .
I,ll start a thread and everyone can dedicate it to a special animal or even person they have lost as new year is such a hard time . I,ll call it the eternal flame thread :D

Back