• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wire mesh for rabbit pens

14 Rabbits

New Kit
We're in the process of building some rabbit pens for the bunnies to live in. The pens are to be wooden frames with wire mesh sides.

We had planned to buy the wire mesh from local garden centres but becuase of the time of year they don't seem to sell garden things anymore, it's all Christmas things :( . Our local builders merchants don't stock this sort of thing.

I know that a few of you on here have built your own rabbit houses or converted sheds - can you recommend anywhere that we can buy wire mesh from? We estimate we will need 15 roles of the 6 metre roles so it would be good to find somewhere that sells it in bulk, rather than having to buy a few at a time.

Thanks in advance!

I bought my mesh from B&Q, rather expensive though. Then I found that the local hardware shop had it too, and for less. I don't think they had that much in stock though :? But a smaller shop would proably be willing to order it in for you.
Be sure to get the smallest gauge wire or they will bite eachother's noses through it - unless of course your rabbits are all sweet angels, quite unlike mine :roll:

Back