• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunnies out and outdoor buns in!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I was just thinking that having grown their fur back again whether it would be possible to move the big fluffys toffee and Caramel outside into treacle and fudge's pad and move the boys inside so i can keep and eye on treacle better? They've been inside for about 4 weeks now, do you think they'd be ok with the change or would it be a bit much in this cold weather? :?

I think if you did it gradually, ie some time outside everyday you probably could put them back outside, but you'd need to give them time to grow a winter coat again

I would be OK with bringing Treacle in but not with putting the two semi-fluffballs out at night or when atmospheric temp drops below 10c :D Also, bringing Treacle in might help him gain some weight as he wont have to burn off so many calories keeping himself warm. :D Jane and Bunsxx

It is going to be warmer this week, so you could probably switch them over. Just keep an eye on the temperature and if it gets too cold too soon maybe bring them in at night temporarily until they are acclimatised.

It will be far better for Treacle to be indoors instead of using energy keeping himself warm.

yes I was thinking treacle would be better off indoors too, only prob is I don't have room for 6 rabbits in my tiny 2 bed terrace so if he comes in 2 will have to go out!!! :roll: :?

Back