• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much to feed?

Flairy

New Kit
Hi!!

:?: I am now a very proud bunny mummy to Alba the British Giant, and now that she is home and settling well I have my first question.

:?: I have almost weaned her onto the science selective, but how much should a 12 week old bunny have to eat each day? Should it be unlimited until 6 months, or does she need restricting now. She has unlimited hay, and she happily eats that, though prefers her pellets!
Also what about getting her used to veggies - she has only been home a week, so I don't want to rush into anything.

:?: Also (second question!) when should I get her a boyfriend? I was thinking of waiting until I have neutered her at 6 months, but I also want to rescue Dermot from the Animal Shelter so she has company, as she is very affectionate and I worry about being alone all day. II will get him neutered, but he will then have to wait for so long to be introduced. What age are babies a risk?

Thank you!!!!

I will put up pictures when my camera is working!!

:) :) :) :)

She should have unlimited pellet while growing so up to 6 months old. She can be with a neutered male as long as you wait 6 weeks after his neuter op.

giants are slow to mature carry on add lib till about 5 mths, then feed once a day id give about 6ounces, see whats left , the ideal is a clean bowl then top up with hay as your doing. val

Back