• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binks and Poppy: A Lagomorph Love Story -- First pictures

cords

Young Bun
Hello everyone!!

Here are the first set of pictures taken today..

Poppy taunting a caged Mr Binks
IMG_2101.jpg

Hey Binky, what's that up there?
IMG_2106.jpg

Bet you can't see where I am
IMG_2125.jpg

Grrrr! Poppy, come back - I promise I won't stamp again!
IMG_2131.jpg

Cotton-tail
IMG_2136.jpg

Look, a carrot!
IMG_2139.jpg

Stop taking pictures Dad!
IMG_2151.jpg

A beaming Podlet with the sweetest lap-rabbit
IMG_2179.jpg

Purrrrrrrrr!
IMG_2192.jpg

A really happy story for a bunny that was a breeders reject. Lindsey spotted Poppy and Barney (also gone to a super home..I've had updates and pics from his new owners),and she went and collected them from breeder, I took them, got their teeth done and had them neutered, put them on here where they had offers of homes..Bev kindly homechecked for Poppy and once again , Lindsey helped out with transporting. A real team effort :D Thank you x
For those of you wanting to help rabbits in need but unable to run a rescue yourselves, this shows how offering to homecheck or help with a bunny run makes a real difference to a rabbit's life.

What a lucky, lucky bunny Poppy is. This story's brought tears to my eyes on several occasions now. What a lovely couple they make.

Re: .

honeybunny said:
A really happy story for a bunny that was a breeders reject.

grrrrr!!! that just makes me sooooo mad!!! :evil: and a mad podlet can be quite scary - fangs and teeth! :wink:

Sweet Poppy is just puuuuuuuurrrfect and we love her to bits!
How any one could think that such a precious leeettle bunny was a reject is completely beyond me.... *mutter*mutter*grumble*

honeybunny said:
Bev kindly homechecked for Poppy and once again , Lindsey helped out with transporting. A real team effort :D Thank you x
For those of you wanting to help rabbits in need but unable to run a rescue yourselves, this shows how offering to homecheck or help with a bunny run makes a real difference to a rabbit's life.

Hear hear!!
I couldn't agree with you more Jill!!
Mentioned this in my reply to your post in the story of Binks and Poppy, but so worth mentioning again --- Cord and I feel truly blessed. Not only do we have a beautiful girliebun that has joined our family, but have met the most superb twofoots in the process too!!

Leepodlet, xx

I love the piccies... don't they look so cute together....

Podlet... I've got a question... in Mr Binks cage you've got one of those 'fiddlesticks' things attached as a 'shelf'. How have you attached it?

I've got the same cage for Kahlo and I've been looking for something that I can add in as a shelf to give her some extra floor space, but also something to hide underneath (she's quite a shy little thing and has taken to sleeping underneath our tv cabinet of an evening, so obviously likes to 'hide' under things). What you've done there looks great but I can't quite see how you've attached it so I can be a copycat!

Also, how sturdy is it?

Cheers,

Rachel & Kahlo....

AAAWWW AAAAWWW AAAAWWW Shes absolutely gorgeous :love: When I first saw her pic from hunnybunny I fell for too - feel a bunnynap coming on. What a lucky bun she is to be so lovedxx :D

Thanks Sarah, Louise!!
:D

Will definitely have to post more piccies of the two lovebuns :love:

Leepodlet, xx

racheyrabbit said:
Podlet... I've got a question... in Mr Binks cage you've got one of those 'fiddlesticks' things attached as a 'shelf'. How have you attached it?

Hi Rachel,

We attached it with 4 cable ties on each side to the bars. It really is rather sturdy and has been a hit with the buns!! Thanks to Cord for his super bright idea ;)

Its really rather sturdy (not that I would climb on it myself :lol: !), and we've have both Poppy and Binks climbing on it and sitting on it at the same time... :D

But Cord and I have taken it a step further now and ordered a dog-crate for the buns.... need to come up with another interesting way to use this fiddlesticks :D

Goodluck with the bunny house renovations!

Leepodlet, xx

Thanks Podlet. Went out and bought the fiddlesticks the other day, and have now attached them. Kahlo absolutely loves it. She sleeps underneath, and then uses the top as a look-out post the rest of the time!

Back